• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Geez I gripe a lot lately? Current one.

1 post in this topic

What is it with some eBay sellers. Times must be really good because they don't seem to want to build solid relationships. Check out this story.

I am collecting a certain genre of comic art. At present this form of art is not popular. In most cases when it is put up on eBay there are no bids. Generally the seller will have a starting bid and a BIN. Most often the BIN is around $20 more....for example starting bid of 49.95 with a BIN of 69.95.

Most of the time I can't be bothered waiting for the auctions to run out of time and I just hit the BINS. To a degree I am giving the seller more money than they would normally get and I am giving it to them early.

I have one eBay seller that I have bought a number of pieces from. He has access to some modern DC that are really sweet. Just recently I purchased 7 items from him, at the time of sorting out payment I asked whether he had some other particular items. I thought that as a result of our past successful transactions we might be able to cut out the eBay and deal direct. In this way both buyer and seller can reduce cost. His reply to my question about the items was in the negative.

Two days later he sends me an email saying that he has just put some more items up on eBay if I was interested. On checking out the auctions I see that there is at least 2 items that I had asked him about in my previous email. Having seen them I started to get a little irritated....and then I noticed that he had upped his BIN by $15 more than normal for the pieces he knows I normally go for.

Now there were another 5 pieces I probably would have bought but for:

His greed. (consider that I am the only person hitting BIN's on these things)

His deception (no I don't have pieces you are asking for)

I did close on one...because I really wanted it but if he thinks he is going to get any of my discretionary spend (outside of my main collecting interests) he is kidding himself. He has lost himself one potentially good source of continuous income.

I won't be hitting any bins either.

Thank goodness that some sellers not only want your money but also want to discuss the hobby with you.

My two favourites being:

COMGEEK and Key_Comics. 893applaud-thumb.gif