• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaos Effect Alpha Red, Unity #0 Red, Harbinger #0 Pink + more RARE Valiants!

12 posts in this topic

Hi All,

For those of you who are interested, I have a ton of RARE and Pre-Unity Valiants up on eBay right now, including:

Chaos Effect Alpha Red

Chaos Effect Omega Gold

Harbinger #0 Pink

Armorines #0 Stand Alone

Unity #0 Red

Magnus #0 (dealer incentive version)

Rai #3 and #4

Plus many more Gold variants, pre-unity, and late issue Valiants!!!

Check them out at: http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=comicnut_1&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1

All items are listed on 5 day auctions that end on Friday - GOOD LUCK!

All items are listed on 5 day auctions that end on Friday - GOOD LUCK!

Hi,

I think you made a serious error by having most of your auctions end exactly at 8:00:00 pm. You're eliminating a fair segment of the bidding population (the segment that doesn't use sniping software or a sniping service). Even then, it's a lot to ask of for a sniping software or service to place over a couple dozen auctions bids within the same 10-20 second time period especially during a peak internet time period.

You'd be better off revising most of your auctions and staggering them by a couple of minutes. It's a little more money but I think you'll realize a much better final price for most of your auctions.

Hope this helps.

Hey sckao,

Thanks for the advice, but I have found that most of the action on these books is about 5 - 10 minutes before the end of the auction. Someone puts in a high enough proxy to ward off the other bidders and that is it. In addition, rather than starting them for cheap (e.g. $0.99) I list the books at a start price that I can live with (except for the few with a reserve) if they do not go any higher. Whatever does not sell stays in the collection (much to my wife's dismay!).

Cheers!

Thanks for the advice, but I have found that most of the action on these books is about 5 - 10 minutes before the end of the auction.

sckao is right....as are you.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif...comics are, more often then not, sniped in the very last minutes of the auction end....if all of your auctions end at the same time then the winning bidder (who is often a last second sniper) will have no chance of proceeding to your next auction....you therefore miss out on potential $$$'s...

High proxy bids are usually used on higher ticket items....and even still... a last second snipe will nullify that strategy....

Hey sckao,

Thanks for the advice, but I have found that most of the action on these books is about 5 - 10 minutes before the end of the auction. Someone puts in a high enough proxy to ward off the other bidders and that is it. In addition, rather than starting them for cheap (e.g. $0.99) I list the books at a start price that I can live with (except for the few with a reserve) if they do not go any higher. Whatever does not sell stays in the collection (much to my wife's dismay!).

Cheers!

No problem. I'm just trying to see if some methods will produce consistently higher results in terms of final auction values.

Ending your auctions on Friday night at 8pm is also bad. Friday, in general, is a bad day to end an auction statistically. Depending on the audience (young or old), Thursday night or Sunday afternoon/night is usually the best day to end an auction. (Long or Holiday weekends tend to be bad, however.)

If you monitor the traffic on this board and eliminate some high-traffic posters, you can also see a pattern of posting from board members which correlates to what times they are online and at their computers.

Many are still not using proxy software to make their bids as well which means that according to your hypothesis, these people will make their one bid in the minutes before your auctions end thereby putting themselves in a position to be sniped. This will also inflate the normal value of what they might bid on the auction item as they will have to put in a high enough proxy bid to ward off potential snipers. I'm not sure the logic works in this case, but we can see how well the strategy works this Friday night. (I'll be watching with great interest.)

I'll also be watching with interest to see if proxy bidding software CAN handle dozens of bids within the same limited timeframe. (Assuming interest is spread across your entire auction listing for the rarer Valiants.) Some software probably can't handle it as well as an online proxy bidding service. This could adversely affect your sales as well.

Good luck.

Yeah, I was curious to see how a Friday night auction will do as well. I used to sell on Sundays, but I found that the results were hit and miss (spot market effect?). Now I am trying different days during the week to see if there is a better day to sell on (went with Weds and Thurs the last two rounds). I figured that by throwing in a couple of high ticket items (CEAR and Unity Red) it should draw enough attention to make it worth while. Time will tell if I am right.