• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody Do OK with the Last Heritage Auction?

28 posts in this topic

I felt pretty good, even after paying the Heritage juice:

$120 The Avengers #74 (Marvel, 1970) CGC NM+ 9.6 Off-white to white pages.

$51 The Avengers #106 (Marvel, 1972) CGC NM 9.4 White pages.

$24 The Avengers #116 (Marvel, 1973) CGC NM- 9.2 Off-white to white pages.

I actually made a mistake and picked up the #106 when I already have a 9.6. foreheadslap.gif I think I can do pretty good with it on Ebay though, and at least get my money back.

Anyone else?

- D.

Picked up the Avengers #20 9.2. Now where the hell are the high grade #21's!?!

#21 is tough (only 14 graded 9.0 or higher unrestored) - I picked up the CGC 9.0 Ohio pedigree copy last year.

I have been after #23 for a loooong time (only 13 graded 9.0 or higher unrestored), so I can relate.

- Dave

Here are the books i won:

Tomb of Dracula #9 (Marvel, 1973) CGC NM 9.4 Off-white to white pages: $36

Tomb of Dracula #14 (Marvel, 1973) CGC NM 9.4 White pages: $26

Tomb of Dracula #26 (Marvel, 1974) CGC NM+ 9.6 Off-white pages: $20

I have lost the Iron man #47 CGC 9.4 (very nice black cover) by $5 893frustrated.gif

Here are the books i won:

Tomb of Dracula #9 (Marvel, 1973) CGC NM 9.4 Off-white to white pages: $36

Tomb of Dracula #14 (Marvel, 1973) CGC NM 9.4 White pages: $26

Tomb of Dracula #26 (Marvel, 1974) CGC NM+ 9.6 Off-white pages: $20

I have lost the Iron man #47 CGC 9.4 (very nice black cover) by $5 893frustrated.gif

TODs = good deals! Didn't think those went so cheap. Perhaps I should start buying 'em........ 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

IM = how much did that go for? $100+? You did well NOT to win it at that price. thumbsup2.gif A 9.6 went for a little more. In their Archives 9.4s went for about $50!

TODs = good deals! Didn't think those went so cheap. Perhaps I should start buying 'em........

IM = how much did that go for? $100+? You did well NOT to win it at that price. A 9.6 went for a little more. In their Archives 9.4s went for about $50!

Yes, i'm quite happy with my TODs. I have to wake up at 5am to bid on theses books, so i'm happy not to wake up early for nothing tongue.gif

Thanks for your advice on the IM 47, BOC .My max bid was $100 (i was sure to win the auction with this amount 893frustrated.gif), and the final price was $120.75 (including heritage fees).

I love this cover and it's an "origin retold" issue. I think i will find one another day...

I picked up two raw golden age books:

Jumbo 88 in FN/VF for $67

Jumbo 112 in FN+ for #38

Add another $25 for the vig and I still think I got a great deal. The 88 was apparently CGC graded then removed from the slab. I wonder if I'll get the open slab along with the book.

Plus there's the free OS PDF. My book version is last year's so the PDF will come in handy.

I felt pretty good, even after paying the Heritage juice:

$120 The Avengers #74 (Marvel, 1970) CGC NM+ 9.6 Off-white to white pages.

$51 The Avengers #106 (Marvel, 1972) CGC NM 9.4 White pages.

$24 The Avengers #116 (Marvel, 1973) CGC NM- 9.2 Off-white to white pages.

I actually made a mistake and picked up the #106 when I already have a 9.6. I think I can do pretty good with it on Ebay though, and at least get my money back.

Anyone else?

I was bidding on all of them. I do think you got a reasonable price on the Avengers #74 (because it's a 9.6). Also, was winning some of the Silver-Age FF's up until 15 minutes. boo.gif

I thought a lot of books went a little below normal eBay prices, but they were too close to buy and hope to resell on eBay.

I love Heritage but only walked away spend $17 (plus $9 to ship). Hope I have better luck in the Signature auction (I usually do).

Yeah, I was in the running on some books but decided not too re-bid after I was outbid. Saving my pennies for the Sig. Auction.

It doesn't look like they have as many nice Marvel Silver-Age books in the Signature auction as usual. They do have a lot of nice GA and DC's so they will get my money somehow.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Also, wanted the Tales of Suspense #39 VF+ but only wanted to pay around $3,600 (hey, let a guy dream).

cloud9.gif

There wasn't anything there that I wanted other than the Cap 117 9.2 due to it's gorgeous centering. I stopped bidding after it hit 125. It ended at 160, which I believe is the most ever for a 9.2 copy.

Brian

Yeah, I was in the running on some books but decided not too re-bid after I was outbid. Saving my pennies for the Sig. Auction. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I usually skip these because I figure if I'm not on the floor bidding, I have no chance. Has anybody won anything in these auctions by bidding on the net??

Sorry about that, Jive. The FF 29 had good QP and I don't usually find one on Ebay.

I had ordered a couple raw FF 126's from Ebay but was unsatisfied so I decided to

plunk down the money for a really nice one.

I am still looking for a really nice FF 128 (CGC'd or not).