• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody Do OK with the Last Heritage Auction?

28 posts in this topic

All of those FFs went for strong prices...I would've jumped in on any that went anywhere below market but none did except maybe the #32, which was 1/16" more off-centered (front to back) than I wanted it to be as an upgrade to my VF/VF+ copy.

Yeah, I was in the running on some books but decided not too re-bid after I was outbid. Saving my pennies for the Sig. Auction. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I usually skip these because I figure if I'm not on the floor bidding, I have no chance. Has anybody won anything in these auctions by bidding on the net??

I have. I won a Marvel Feature #3 from the San Diego auction. I was very surprised that I won. The funny thing is that when I got the book I was very disappointed and ended up reselling it to one of the board members.

.I would've jumped in on any that went anywhere below market but none did except maybe the #32

Please, don't remind me. I kept telling myself to pass on the # 32 on ebay, because the one in the Heritage auction would surely sell for less. But did I? Noooooo... foreheadslap.gif

So I paid an extra $40 for a comparably graded copy. At least I can tell myself that the page quality is better. makepoint.gif

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I was in the running on some books but decided not too re-bid after I was outbid. Saving my pennies for the Sig. Auction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I usually skip these because I figure if I'm not on the floor bidding, I have no chance. Has anybody won anything in these auctions by bidding on the net??

I won atleast ten books from the Signature Auction in July. It's tough to win NM books at really great prices, but you can win books in the VF to VF/NM grade at reasonable prices.