• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coming to Heroes Con and Chicago with some pre-war gold

20 posts in this topic

I am selling a few dc gems on consignment-I sold some but still have:

Action 17, All-star 3,6, Batman 3, 8, Detective 34, 39,41, 44, 50, 60, More Fun 32, 57, 84 & superman 4.

dc.jpg

dc2.jpg

I hope to have Blue ribbon 1, 6, 7, 9, 12, 15, Pep 7,17,20, Shield -Wizard 1, Top Notch 1-14, Zip 5, Silver Streak 1-11, Daredevil 16, 31, 38, Mystic 5,Famous funnies 5, + 20 other issues, Captain Marvel 12, Nickel 8, Whiz 5, 13, Crack Comics 11,12, 14, Shadow 8, And early Barks Four Colors and WDC&S before Heroes Con.

those books belong in 50 cent box. nobody collects that junk

Think that would be crazier than the 50 cent and $1 guy a few years ago ...remember him?

Maybe we COULD convince him to put a few in the 2 dollar boxes and let everybody go at it? lol:wishluck:

Think that would be crazier than the 50 cent and $1 guy a few years ago ...remember him?

Maybe we COULD convince him to put a few in the 2 dollar boxes and let everybody go at it? lol:wishluck:

I'm curious; give me the lowdown on the 50 cents and $1 guy from a few years back.

I'm curious; give me the lowdown on the 50 cents and $1 guy from a few years back.

Hey Scott

I'll try and get this right - I may have forgotten a few details. Maybe Jeff can help.

A few years ago, I think it was 2006? - a guy set up at Heroes selling a store stock that had been in storage for about ten years or more. I believe the story was the owner owed him money and gave him the books to sell. His pricing structure was bagged comics were $1 and unbagged were 50 cents. There was a little of everything there. GA, SA, BA, 80s and 90s books, etc. etc. I saw people buying SA Marvels for $1 - stuff like early Spideys, FFs Silver Surfers, etc. etc. Heck even by Saturday afternoon I had a friend go over and take a look figuring everything was gone and he still pulled a VFN/NM Tomb of Dracula # 10 for $1.

Needless to say it was a madhouse around the guys booth all weekend. Chuck Rozanski ended up buying him out either late Saturday or Sunday morning?

Hope to see you at the show. Look me up.

Hey Scott

I'll try and get this right - I may have forgotten a few details. Maybe Jeff can help.

A few years ago, I think it was 2006? - a guy set up at Heroes selling a store stock that had been in storage for about ten years or more. I believe the story was the owner owed him money and gave him the books to sell. His pricing structure was bagged comics were $1 and unbagged were 50 cents. There was a little of everything there. GA, SA, BA, 80s and 90s books, etc. etc. I saw people buying SA Marvels for $1 - stuff like early Spideys, FFs Silver Surfers, etc. etc. Heck even by Saturday afternoon I had a friend go over and take a look figuring everything was gone and he still pulled a VFN/NM Tomb of Dracula # 10 for $1.

Needless to say it was a madhouse around the guys booth all weekend. Chuck Rozanski ended up buying him out either late Saturday or Sunday morning?

That's about right. Best books I saw - Conan 1 and Primer 2. I pulled out a nice run of x-men 105-143 only missing a few. The rest was mostly VGish silver/bronze. Definitely a madhouse.

Heard you had a smaller version of this up in Hickory last time?

Hey Scott

That's about right. Best books I saw - Conan 1 and Primer 2. I pulled out a nice run of x-men 105-143 only missing a few. The rest was mostly VGish silver/bronze. Definitely a madhouse.

How in the heck did they last even through Sat. night? Or past that pre-show period where dealers get first dibs before the general public is unleashed. He must've had numerous boxes? :shrug: That would've been a great youtube moment.

Hey Scott

How in the heck did they last even through Sat. night? Or past that pre-show period where dealers get first dibs before the general public is unleashed. He must've had numerous boxes? :shrug: That would've been a great youtube moment.

Yes, he probably had 75-100 boxes. And a lot of the stuff was 50 cent and $1 books.

Hey Scott

Yes, he probably had 75-100 boxes. And a lot of the stuff was 50 cent and $1 books.

I would think more boxes than that -- they were packed in there 4 and 5 deep -- I`ve never sweated as much in my life-- and dont forget it was a 10 X 10 booth with 3 walls around it + 15 or so guys digging -- I`ll never forget that morning --side note after the mayhem --a buddy of mine ,Marc from Comic City, pulled out a batman #227 in vg/fine or so but didnt really know it was a very in demand book -- I said to him --How much for the bats and he said a coke -- done deal lol

I went through it. I remember noticing the feeding frenzy early on. When you look over and see 8 grown men looking like 7 year old's on Christmas morning, you know something's up.....Everyone was in a happy mood and there was so much good stuff that if you spent too much time admiring someone's Uncanny #266 you would miss a Primer #2 (which i got :)

It's been a while, but i remember pulling a GI Joe Special #1 NM, Primer #2 VF, Albedo #3,#4 NM, Some Byrne X-men Fine-VF range, Action comics #2 (vg/Fine), Last Johah Hex issue VF/NM, and an awesome X-force #1 that has to be MINT since it's still in the bag.

p.s. Kidding about the Action #2. I did pull about 75 books total mostly in the $10-$50 range though.

any your point is? (shrug)

It seems to me his point is very clear. He has some sweet GA's that he wants to let potential customers know about.

And btw, good luck at Heroes Earl and I will see you in Chicago.

Arex