• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need some help/advice

42 posts in this topic

Any one here of a series from 1974 Sword of Sorcery ? only about 5 issuses long. Looks like a bunch of awesome artist worked on it , Neal Adams, Wrightson, Starlin , Chaykin, crusty Bunkers..

Also a Todd MacFarlene question. A book called Coyote ? first todd art ?? ture or false..

Is the Sword of Sorcery like a Conan type book? Any good to pickup for art from these artists. Not looking for flip books.
The book was primarily written and drawn by Denny O'Neil and Howard Chaykin.

Wrightson and Adams just do some very minor inking......no real value potential here. I read the boks years ago and can't remember a thing.

Some really good artist in S&S,but the work isn't anything that great.

Todds first art is the back-up in Coyote.For what its worth,he has a letter published in Arak#1,if you are looking for his first published whatever.

Infinity Inc. #14 cover date May 1985

Coyote #11 cover date March 1985

nik: 1 - cd4ever: 0

More like...

Nik: 9 - cd4ever: 1

I gave myself a point when he took scissors to the Spidey book I sold him.

Infinity Inc. #14 cover date May 1985

Coyote #11 cover date March 1985

nik: 1 - cd4ever: 0

More like...

Nik: 9 - cd4ever: 1

I gave myself a point when he took scissors to the Spidey book I sold him.

this sounds intriguing... care to elaborate?

So what would ,In your opinion be the must book from those 4 artist be? If you can only get one book from Adams, Wrightson, Starlin, Todd what would be the book with the best art for these guys???

Oh Boy.... :popcorn:

yeah yeah , I know. It depends on peoples taste. But Im sure there are a few books for each guy that make them " their" books and not someonelses/. :banana:

So what would ,In your opinion be the must book from those 4 artist be? If you can only get one book from Adams, Wrightson, Starlin, Todd what would be the book with the best art for these guys???

Adams - A Green Lantern between 76 and...whenever it ended..90 or so.

Wrightson - Swamp Thing 1 thru 10

Starlin - Death of Capt Marvel graphic novel

Todd - ASM 298 till he stopped

Adams Batman 251, or 227. Are my favorites. But a few Detective covers are great. Then again, he did some cool stuff in Green Lantern and Flash, oh and JLA 136 or 138 (the adam strange cover)

McFarlane my favorites are Hulk 340, and either ASM 301 or 316 . I loved the plain white cover for 301

Adams - A Green Lantern between 76 and...whenever it ended..90 or so.

Wrightson - Swamp Thing 1 thru 10

Starlin - Death of Capt Marvel graphic novel

Todd - ASM 298 till he stopped

The Wrightson Swamp Things were AWESOME covers !

Any one here of a series from 1974 Sword of Sorcery ? only about 5 issuses long. Looks like a bunch of awesome artist worked on it , Neal Adams, Wrightson, Starlin , Chaykin, crusty Bunkers..

Also a Todd MacFarlene question. A book called Coyote ? first todd art ?? ture or false..

Starlin: Any Captain Marvel books between 25 and 34

Wrightson: Swamp Thing 1-10

Adams: Avengers 93-96

Chaykin : Star Wars #1