• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Los 4 Fantastic!!!

47 posts in this topic

Gotta say I love this. Mexico is calling me. First I finally get a nice set of 4 dvds - El Santo in two and El Santo teamed with the Blue Demon in 2. Beautiful transfers and great fun to see the wrestlers fighting wolf-men, Dracula, mummies etc!

Next this appealing book from Mexico.

And finally Angel does a very nice, respectfuly take-off of El Santo!

Aye carumba indeed! thumbsup2.gif

You never know what you will find from south of the border. This comic is from 1962. It's basically a reprint of Fighting American #2 (1954). I don't know what they would eventually call that red white & blue Marvel guy.

fantastico_fy.jpg

Well *I* call it Fantastico! grin.gifthumbsup2.gif

I was around, I bought them at the drugstore. I paid cover price for all my Silver Age stuff.

Where do you live?

I grew up in Puerto Rico, down there we'd get both editions U.S. and Mexican. By the mid 60's Novaro was printing digest sized and annuals not published by DC. Mainly stories pre 1956.

I was around, I bought them at the drugstore. I paid cover price for all my Silver Age stuff.

Where do you live?

I grew up in Puerto Rico, down there we'd get both editions U.S. and Mexican. By the mid 60's Novaro was printing digest sized and annuals not published by DC. Mainly stories pre 1956.

Do you still have those comics?

I'll try and get to those later on. Hope the first 12 issues are still somewhere at home, but so far no luck. Had all the Amazing Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Avengers, Tales of Suspense, etc from 1961-1969. Same with most DC comics.

Some survived some just were beyond salvation! I did keep my Marvel Super-Heroes cards, the box they came in as well. Not in the best of shapes though. Also have the entire Green Hornet cards and stickers plus cards box from 1966.

Here's some Amazing Spider-Man, Daredevil 1 and ASM Annual 1. The back cover of ASM Annual 1 features an ad for X-Men 1.

Note my two copies of ASM #15, the Mexican edition and the original one, that one I probably cut up and pasted the stuff on my notebook!

asm60s.jpg