• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you hate but everyone else seems to like?

254 posts in this topic

Although I wouldn't say I hated them, I always found the Kirby Fourth World books hard going and at times impenetrable.

I love them.

Now if Julia Roberts had created the Fourth World, it would blow donkeys.

Always detested Spider-Man and Silver Surfer. The 2 biggest whiners of the Marvel universe, but inexplicably 2 of the most popular Marvel heroes.

The Surfer? :o

Always detested Spider-Man and Silver Surfer. The 2 biggest whiners of the Marvel universe, but inexplicably 2 of the most popular Marvel heroes.

The Surfer? :o

He could have said Thor. :gossip:

I hate it when you eat a peice of meat and that little hunk of gristle gets in between your teeth.Oh! :signofftopic:

Aghh!!!! meh

What the hell...I hate The Eagles.

The most overated, so called rock 'n roll band, in existence.

Now whether you hate them or love them...how could they be overrated? They're melodic, tight, hard, soft, intelligent...I am biased because I love the eagles but I can tell when something is good or bad. What don't you like about them?

That to me is more interesting than hearing just WHAT you hate. Why do you hate it?

R.

I ahem , agree .. Can't see how you would "HATE" the Eagles ..?................BH

Not really. Maybe some aspects of the political beliefs..but the music?

It's like Bach or Mozart. It's too perfect to hate.

Edit: and maybe Dvorzak.

R.

I hate it when you eat a peice of meat and that little hunk of gristle gets in between your teeth.Oh! :signofftopic:

Aghh!!!! meh

Now whether you hate them or love them...how could they be overrated? They're melodic, tight, hard, soft, intelligent...I am biased because I love the eagles but I can tell when something is good or bad. What don't you like about them?

That to me is more interesting than hearing just WHAT you hate. Why do you hate it?

R.

I hear the Eagles, I hear Country&Western twang with a little mix of middle-of-the -road pop.

And by overated, I mean exactly that.

Push no boudaries, do nothing new, album after album.

Have a come-back years later and release the same tired old melodies once again.

Aghh!!!! meh

R.

Uh , ok , ....Hoe moe ............................. :whistle:......................... :foryou:....BH

Sorry , ...could'nt resist ............

I hear the Eagles, I hear Country&Western twang with a little mix of middle-of-the -road pop.

Have a come-back years later and release the same tired old melodies once again.

Silver Age Spider-Man, especially the Ditko run. Just terrible. What a total whiner.

I thought I was the only one. :golfclap:

You aren't. :golfclap:

Ditko's art sucked on that run too. :o:shy:

I need to agree. Not a big Ditko fan....ever.

dang, whats-up with all the Ditko Hate???

Even if you hate his style or even the writing you have to respect the solid fact that just

about all of his original designs in appearance and plots have stayed true even to current date.

The Spider-Man Costume, character's appearances, villains appearances, themes etc. etc.

virtually unchanged. Coming from a design perspective that is nothing short of a Frigg'n miracle!

Silver Age Spider-Man, especially the Ditko run. Just terrible. What a total whiner.

Even if you hate his style or even the writing you have to respect the solid fact that just

about all of his original designs in appearance and plots have stayed true even to current date.

The Spider-Man Costume, character's appearances, villains appearances, themes etc. etc.

virtually unchanged. Coming from a design perspective that is nothing short of a Frigg'n miracle!

I agree , Nerf .....

Aghh!!!! meh

R.

*Big Hooks22 is on ignore*

Gotcha. I guess I am ok with the same thing over and over if I think it's good. To me music needs melody. The eagles are as melodic as it gets. Don't get me wrong...I was always a Metal Head/Hard Rocker. I play guitar. It's just that new material is not always better. There are never going to be any new Timely or Action comics from the 30's and 40's but it doesn't mean that they are not beautiful over and over and over.

Thanks for answering that.

(thumbs u

Hey I agree with Nerf too. As far as originality and ideas he was the bomb. Just don't like his line work much.

R.

I agree , Nerf .....

yeah, well unfortunately it's the foundation stuff that the general public overlook.

I work as a designer and I tell you it is a designer's dream to have just one aspect of

a design that you created that has a chance at being eternal. Ditko had dozens in one comic!!!!

For example there was a guy that died this past week that designed the Pringles Can.

Not Pringles the chip, but just the can that they went into. He was so proud of his design

that he asked his relatives to take part of his ashes and burry some of himself in one.

It about made me tear up, because just because no one respected him for his efforts -

in the end he found a way to respect himself.

:applause:

Hate is such a strong word so, I dislike GA books :shy:

Not too fond of Duck books either :sumo:

Can't believe anyone would hate the Surfer :frustrated:

Aghh!!!! meh

R.

*Big Hooks22 is on ignore*

Gotcha. I guess I am ok with the same thing over and over if I think it's good. To me music needs melody. The eagles are as melodic as it gets. Don't get me wrong...I was always a Metal Head/Hard Rocker. I play guitar. It's just that new material is not always better. There are never going to be any new Timely or Action comics from the 30's and 40's but it doesn't mean that they are not beautiful over and over and over.

Thanks for answering that.

(thumbs u

There's one reason The Eagles get me riled up....

What's the American band that has the most Platinum/Gold records in the US?

(Only The Beatles and the Rolling Stones have more.)

A band that has been around since 1974.

Has consistently toured year after year. (Sort of.)

And isn't in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame(Shame).

And doesn't get the respect that a band like The Eagles get?

Laying the credibility on the line here...

kiss-2208.jpg