• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you hate but everyone else seems to like?

254 posts in this topic

Had a recent discussion with a fellow collector about what titles I collect.

When he asked me whether I had any Silver Age DC, I bluntly told him I detest the things!

He coudn't beleive it.

(Can one truly be a lover of comic books and not like Silver Age DC??)

Atom Age, Bronze Age, Copper, Silver Age 'Anything BUT DC' ! Even good Modern stuff.

But Silver Age DC? :sick:(shrug):insane:

Puerile and inane stuff.

What title, character, Age, company or whatever do you hate and can't see yourself spending a cent on, that others seem to love?

I hate 9.8's lol

I hate 9.8s unless I am selling them like the manufactured hot potatoes they are!

With a few notable exceptions, I don't like superhero comics at all....especially Spider-Man. He's a boring, cowardly, socially inept dork. Maybe many comic collectors see themselves reflected in him. I don't know. (shrug)

I hate 9.8's lol

I hate 9.8s unless I am selling them like the manufactured hot potatoes they are!

With a few notable exceptions, I don't like superhero comics at all....especially Spider-Man. He's a boring, cowardly, socially inept dork. Maybe many comic collectors see themselves reflected in him. I don't know. (shrug)

I hate that Batman 261 you consigned to CL.

I hate 9.8's lol

I hate that Batman 261 you consigned to CL.

Me too. That's why I consigned it.

I hate Balloons!...

Seriously!

So does my fiancee, shes scared of those and clowns..

kind of weird, but I don't like clowns simply because they are associated with balloons...

Wow.. I make fun of her all the time. She hates when I grab a latex balloon and squash them and make that shrieking noise.

Dont hate anything, but I just dont pay much attention to lG stuff.

Probably be why I will never collect GA, as I just cant plop down big coin on a book thats a VG.

Thats just me, nothing wrong with it and my preferences is in no way an indication that i think my way is better, just saying.

Oh, and I really dislike that hack Liefield