• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SENSATIONAL THRILLING GIRLS with MOONs, MAGIC Having a CALVACADE of MORE FUN

87 posts in this topic

(thumbs u

Aw, too bad about the ULC hole punch though. I thought that might have been an ink defect or something until I saw the back.

I have a Mad 1, that's the same way...this one is odd, the punch is not directly through, I think they did 2 or 3 pages at a time...KIDS...;) didn't anyone TELL them these were not toys ? : :roflmao:

I'm thinking the hole punch might also have been done by a newsstand vendor. Many of those cool 1940s newsstand photos show comic books displayed on clotheslines, hung from their left-hand corners (the poor things) :grin: ...

Thanks, Pat:) If I have time, I'll pull a few more later:) I had fun on the thread, too...

Meanwhile, I just looked in Overstreet and that #98 is the last Dr Fate, who knew;) ?

Thanks, Jon...I learn something every day, never realized that newstands would have punched the hole:) I always figured someone gave a kid a hole puncher, I had one as a child and had holes in EVERYTHING, including some comics;) That makes a lot of sense though...

Thanks, Pat:) If I have time, I'll pull a few more later:) I had fun on the thread, too...

Meanwhile, I just looked in Overstreet and that #98 is the last Dr Fate, who knew;) ?

Thanks, Jon...I learn something every day, never realized that newstands would have punched the hole:) I always figured someone gave a kid a hole puncher, I had one as a child and had holes in EVERYTHING, including some comics;) That makes a lot of sense though...

All Stars ?

All Stars ?

Hi Pat, sorry, not tonight...

Next are two of the hardest Sensations to find...the later issues are actually much more difficult to find than the early ones.

Sensation 92

Only 2 are graded, one is 6.0 and one is 5.5, this one is at least 4.0. There is about 1/4 of an inch missing on the upper spine. $250.00

sensation920001-2.jpg

sensation92b0001-2.jpg

Thriling #78, there is a 1" tear in the middle of the spine (hard to see) Grade is 3.5, Bin $15.00

thrilling780001.jpg

So that would make this one "Bandage anyone?" lol

Thanks, that is such a cool description, lol...I was going to just call it a spine split and mention putting a wrap (referring to fixing finger nails) but I wasn't sure anyone else but me woutd get it;) "Bandage", I'm going to file that one... :roflmao: