• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Dallas, TX Nov21-23 CGC Forum dinner - who's eating Nov 22

17 posts in this topic

The time for Wizard World Dallas in November 21-23 is fast approaching.

I will be setting up the CGC dinner for Saturday evening Nov. 22nd. I will get some more information about the Con this weekend.

So far all I've got attending the CGC dinner besides myself is

towards2112

DiceX

lighthouse (probable)

So far looks like a nice small group with Steve B.

Michael

I will be at the con that weekend, I dont post on the boards much, mostly read, but if you'll have me, me and my wife would come.

This is my first "big" con. Any advice?

I think im going to take some of my cgc books and have the artists sign up in the top label section, so I can have the autograph, and an unmared comic to look at. And down the road if someone isnt into signatures they can have the book re slabbed.

Any advice?

-Don't buy anything right away. Look around first. You may come across a sweet copy of 'comic book X', but the guy two aisles over may have an even nicer one.

-Introduce yourself to dealers that you've dealt with before. It's nice to have a face to put w/ a name.

-If any of your favorite creators are there, be sure to stop by and chat w/ them. Show them your support. Almost always, they are willing to chat w/ collectors/fans. I've always had really good interactions with artists and writers (Doug Mahnke and Alex Maleev are the two exceptions).

-GO EARLY!!!!!!!!

Chris

I will be at the con that weekend, I dont post on the boards much, mostly read, but if you'll have me, me and my wife would come.

This is my first "big" con. Any advice?

I think im going to take some of my cgc books and have the artists sign up in the top label section, so I can have the autograph, and an unmared comic to look at. And down the road if someone isnt into signatures they can have the book re slabbed.

Great! I've got you and your wife down on the list. I don't have much advice to give, except I just hope you have a great time.

Killer!!!

Yeah I intend to meet most of the people signing that I am familiar with their work and am in the process of trying to pick up some slabbed issues for the signings. I've been saving up for months for this, so I hope to make at least one "major" purchase, something I've never done, something to be the keystone to my collection, so we will see.Looking forward to meeting and seeing you guys there.

Sorry Michael,

You'll have to cross me off the list.

Wife's bad surgery and recovery going to put

the kibosh on any trips for a while. Really wanted

to attend the Heritage Auction. Got the catalog in

the mail a week or so ago, and wanted to go after

a couple of the Targets. NICE selection of second

tier Milehighs. And the thought of bidding on the

goldenage DC stuff has me very excited. Just

can't figure out how deep we can go with the

medical bills piling up. God bless my wife and

her insight on the proper insurance coverage.

Best,

Phil laugh.gif

Sorry Michael,

You'll have to cross me off the list.

Wife's bad surgery and recovery going to put

the kibosh on any trips for a while. Really wanted

to attend the Heritage Auction. Got the catalog in

the mail a week or so ago, and wanted to go after

a couple of the Targets. NICE selection of second

tier Milehighs. And the thought of bidding on the

goldenage DC stuff has me very excited. Just

can't figure out how deep we can go with the

medical bills piling up. God bless my wife and

her insight on the proper insurance coverage.

Best,

Phil laugh.gif

No problem. I just want your wife to make a full and healthy recovery from

her surgery. I hope it went very well. I hope your insurance is able to cover

most of the expense too!

Maybe you can make it next time.

Hello All,

Here is a link for information about the Arlington Convention Center where Wizard World will be on Nov. 21-23. Arlington Convention Center Information

I'm trying to find a fairly nice Italian restaurant very close to the convention center.

I doubt if you will be able to just walk there, but the drive should be no more than 5 or 6 minutes.

I spoke with Steve B. and he's hoping to get a couple of people that have large collections or a dealer(s) that's pretty well known. More details later.

So far I don't have that many people here on the forum that are going to the CGC dinner. CGC has agreed to pay for some of the costs. Not exactly sure what that entails, but it should be a great time to eat and chat.

If you have any questions, please PM me and we can talk.

I'll be finding a restaurant we can all go too very soon and get a final head count in the next few days.

Michael

I will be there so you can add me to the list. If anyone on the forum is going to the show you should consider have dinner with the forum members. The dinners are a lot of fun.

Tom

Here is some information about the convention. Wizard Word Dallas

There is an article in the Comics Buyer's Guide from the November 21st issue on page 46 that describes more detail on who's going to be there.

Guest of Honor artist George Perez will be there.

Picking out Restaurant today and will list all folks who are planning on attending the dinner on Saturday evening.

I guess a good time would be around 7:00PM. If this does not work then let me know.

Michael

Hello all,

So far all I've got down on the list besides myself and my wife is

TomG

xrcst(and his wife)

There will be several CGC folks with Steve B. and a couple of major dealers also.

It should be a lot of fun. Glad Tom Gordon is attending also from GemStone.

I made reservations at "Piccolo Mondo Italian Restaurant" for this Saturday evening(Nov. 22nd) at 8:00PM.

If any of you forum members are going to the Wizard World convention this weekend, you should also attend the dinner as well. It's going to be a lot of fun.

Let me know if any of you plan on attending the CGC dinner this Saturday evening.

I'm really looking forward to it.

After tomorrow afternoon, the guest list will be set. So PM me or post on this Thread that you will be attending.

Thanks,

Michael