• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pricing on Boris Vallejo covers

5 posts in this topic

I am interested in the SSOC #5 cover in the upcoming Heritage Signature but do not have any idea what Vallejo covers go for. Do they go for $5K - $10K? $20K+? I just want to know whether I should raise some funds to make a play for it or not.

I am interested in the SSOC #5 cover in the upcoming Heritage Signature but do not have any idea what Vallejo covers go for. Do they go for $5K - $10K? $20K+? I just want to know whether I should raise some funds to make a play for it or not.

Boris prices are all over the place. Probably the best comps to this painting would be his Red Sonja paperback covers, of which the better ones sold I think in the $10K-$14K range (check the Heritage archives to verify). There have also been some Conan paperback covers of his which have sold in the $8K-$11K range.

Given that his SSOC covers are earlier and scarcer, this one will almost assuredly go for 5 figures, I'd guess in the $15K-$20K range (a little more or less wouldn't surprise me too much). It's actually my least favorite of his SSOC covers so I'm not going after it myself, though I know a lot of people really like this cover.

Boris prices are all over the place. Probably the best comps to this painting would be his Red Sonja paperback covers, of which the better ones sold I think in the $10K-$14K range (check the Heritage archives to verify). There have also been some Conan paperback covers of his which have sold in the $8K-$11K range.

Given that his SSOC covers are earlier and scarcer, this one will almost assuredly go for 5 figures, I'd guess in the $15K-$20K range (a little more or less wouldn't surprise me too much). It's actually my least favorite of his SSOC covers so I'm not going after it myself, though I know a lot of people really like this cover.

Thanks. (thumbs u

And it's good to see that you are not interested in this one (one of my favorites due more to the story than the cover), as I know who would lose in a bidding war. :sorry: