• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone bought from or know the thelesneydude on Ebay?

28 posts in this topic

i have bought from this canada based person. i get the impression the guy is overwelmed and can't handle his business well, i won several books over the cours of a week or so and he was sending me books that i won but hadn't paid for yet. i received one book that a dog eared corner had torn completly off due to poor packaging. i sent it back for a full refund, no problem. would buy from again grading was for the most part on the money. i did question his poor packing and he said it was an oversight (1 raw book placed in a proirity envelope, un sealed in a priority box with 1 peice of crumbled paper and a handful of packing peanuts). the subseqent orders were bulletproof packaged.

I went through this entire thread and counted responses as such:

favorable: 8

unfavorable: 4

neutral: 4

But it was Subliminal's post that jarred my memory of dealing with thelesneydude.

All I could remember that he was in Canada somewhere, but now the cobwebs have been removed.

That Seller refunded me on one of my "pets" that he vastly overgraded.

His words in his emails rang of some bitterness of the "persnickety" NM collectors out there and that did not sit well with me so I never bought from him again. From what I can tell, he goes long periods of time of total inactivity with eBay. That in itself is not good or bad, but the way I see things a serious comic book seller seems to always be in action and over the long run they seem to get the stuff I like to collect.

There may have been a name change or two involved as well.

Perhaps he has improved his grading and Customer Service skills and is now a worthwhile seller. Perhaps he is the "run-of-the-mill" where it is a gamble each time you bid and win. We can only hope that the former is the transformation all of us want in the eBay world.

CAL :wishluck:

Not that it matters much now but that refund was a "partial" refund. I took what I thought was the most I would get out of him, not what I should have gotten.

CAL :hi:

Not that it matters much now but that refund was a "partial" refund. I took what I thought was the most I would get out of him, not what I should have gotten.

When asking for a partial refund on overgraded books, I take the same tact...ask for what you think you can get...not what you know you should get, otherwise it's just a pain in the arse.

When asking for a partial refund on overgraded books, I take the same tact...ask for what you think you can get...not what you know you should get, otherwise it's just a pain in the arse.

One big lesson I learned early on in life is that you should not fight losing battles...

CAL doh!

OK, Collin, it's just that you're in the wrong place at the wrong time, but this applies to 247 of you bsatards.

The word is 'tack'. It refers to a course, as in 'tacking close to the wind'. It is now in common use as referring to a 'course of action'.

'Tack'.

FFS doh!