• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Female artists?

44 posts in this topic

To be honest, I am not extremely familiar with artists when it comes to comic books. I am wondering if there have been any popular female artists who have done work on any major character/team/storyline.

If not, does anyone have a favorite female artist? (Regardless of how much major work she did or did not do.)

Even if you have nothing to contribute, thank you for reading my first thread anyways. flowerred.gif

Didn't Tarpe Mills (sp?) draw Miss Fury? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Tarpe Mills was the creator of 'Miss Fury', one of the best action comics, which appeared in 1941. Before coming up with this success, she had already created comic characters such as Devil's Dust, The Cat Man, The Purple Zombie and Daredevil Barry Finn. Born June Mills, she changed her name to the more sexually ambigious "Tarpe", believing that the readers of her action-filled comics would be disappointed if they found out that they were created by a woman. When her 'Miss Fury' became a success, however, Mills could not hide her gender and many interviews appeared, with photographs of the creator, who strongly resembled her own heroic character. She also drew her cat, Perry Purr, into her comic, and he went on to become a bit of a war hero as she "donated him to the war effort.

Pia Guerra "Y The Last Man". One of the best comics published today.............. gossip.gif
You should hook up with her! She shows up at some of our local conventions! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That's pretty funny.. I went to college with Shannon Wheeler (Too Much Coffee Man) and he was mistaken for a female based on his name frequently.

Me too actually. (I was doing a comic strip at the time while I was in college in the same newspaper.) A guy actually emailed me and asked me out assuming I was a female.

There was also a female artist on Wynonna Earp who seemed to know Arthur Adams pretty well. (Joyce Chin) She had the classic Image style down pat... with a style very much like Dwayne Turner.

Joyce Chin Scarlet Witch Commission

You should hook up with her! She shows up at some of our local conventions! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Not if she looks anything like Ares' contributions to the Babe Test........... insane.gif

Ooops....my bad! sorry.gif