• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High Grade Strange Tales and TTA Last few hours.....

13 posts in this topic

What's up with this?

Strange Tales # 133 NM 9.0 White

Strange Tales # 132 NM 9.0 Unread

Strange Tales # 128 VF/NM 9.0 Sharp

Avengers # 97 NM "This copy is in the NM 9.0 to 9.2 range."

Strange Tales # 131 NM Mile High Copy "NM 9.0 or better"

Are these NM books, or VF/NM books?? Why doesn't the title on the ST 131 say "Mile High 2" like the auction description? Why the mixed signals? confused-smiley-013.gif

OK. Here's my answer.

There is no differnece in a VF/NM 9.0 or a NM 9.0. Same thing to me.

Teh Avengers is a hard book to grade. It's nice, but it has a thing or two that make it 9.0, some may call it a 9.2.

I do my best. Sometimes I over grade, sometimes I under grade. Some days it's a [!@#%^&^] shoot.

OK. Here's my answer.

There is no differnece in a VF/NM 9.0 or a NM 9.0. Same thing to me.

Teh Avengers is a hard book to grade. It's nice, but it has a thing or two that make it 9.0, some may call it a 9.2.

I do my best. Sometimes I over grade, sometimes I under grade. Some days it's a [!@#%^&^] shoot.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Hmm...I guess it's confusing b/c you're mixing the alpha and numeric grades inconsistently. For example, the Adventure 433 is described as a "Near Mint copy in 9.4 condition", there are some NM 9.0's, and at least one "NM 9.4 to 9.6". I guess the number is the accurate grade, and the "NM" is just loosely used to describe high-grade in general?? Oh well...a picture is worth a thousand words anyway!!

Having purchased a few raw books from Mr. Chips, I can say that I've been quite happy with his grading - he's usually right on the money! thumbsup2.gif

I don't think you'd be dissapointed, Dr. B.

Oh yeah...no question 'bout it. I've been buying books from nochips for a long time, just confused about the grading nomenclature. And yes, inconsistent grade titles/descriptions are a pet peeve of mine!

It may be an 8.5?? I have no idea anymore!!!!

I have learned that CGC sees things that I don't or even think exist. We all talk about it on the boards. If you are unhappy with any book let me know right away. Nothing here is going to go for big money, I am sure we can work it out if someone is unhappy. I will be glad to take them back.

For example the TTA White Mountain I have up for sale is a killer book. I did not see the cover loose at the bottom staple. The dealer I got it from insisted he told me about it. He didn't. I lost out on that deal. I also won't buy from him again.He offered me a 50.00 credit on some of his overpriced books. Thanks but no thanks!