• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tracking Watchmen pages auction

29 posts in this topic

I don't have any, I almost pulled the trigger on one a few years ago, but backed off becuase it had a one panel stat on it. It was offered on Ebay twice and several people passed on it as well, I think the price was around $1800. I'm sure I will find one at a yard sale :)

I do not own any Watchman pages and I have no interest in buying any.

What I am curious about is whether any individuals who gave FMV estimates of these pages own any Watchman pages themselves?

Cheers!

N

[/quote

Well since I'm a member of the "Watchmen club" :/ I'll weigh in with my two pence and say my estimate would be in the $16- 20k range. I agree with Hari that while the majority of collectors may be looking for a Rorshach page, there are others who are Ozy or Manhattan fans. There's enough appeal to them and potential buyers out there to militate against the pair going sub $15k (imo)

Joseph

Thanks for answering my question gentlemen. Appraising art is no easy task. However, whether it's stocks or collectibles, I tend to look for full disclosure.

The consensus FMV so far seems to be significantly below the asking price so it doesn't seem like anyone is overhyping WM pages in an effort to increase the market value of their own pages.

IMHO I thought the story was decent and art serviceable so it's not something I would chase. However, I understand the appeal to some collectors and the maxi-series' place in comics history.

Cheers!

N

Hey NelsonAl

I had a look at your CAF but don't see anything that really ties up with your WANTED Listing, i.e.:

WANTED: High quality covers and splashes from any era. I am always looking for prime examples of art from Kirby, Ditko, Neal Adams, Frank Miller, Bolland, BWS, Charest, Jim Lee, Herge, Van Sciver, Perez and Byrne.

If you own any of the types of art you're looking for, do you have any plans on displaying on CAF?

off topic - sorry.

Mister Trent

I deactivated the majority of my CAF items when I decided to showcase some items for sale during my "Summer Sale".

I'll re-activate a few for your viewing pleasure. I may even post some new ones. PM me.

Cheers!

N

Now back to our scheduled topic ........

Thanks for answering my question gentlemen. Appraising art is no easy task. However, whether it's stocks or collectibles, I tend to look for full disclosure.

The consensus FMV so far seems to be significantly below the asking price so it doesn't seem like anyone is overhyping WM pages in an effort to increase the market value of their own pages.

IMHO I thought the story was decent and art serviceable so it's not something I would chase. However, I understand the appeal to some collectors and the maxi-series' place in comics history.

Cheers!

N

Full disclosure is overrated! It's only important if you take one person's valuation/opinion over all others. Since you have many views here, the "truth" on value probably lies somewhere in the middle.

I do own four WM pages, and love them.