• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vegas Con Report

20 posts in this topic

My rationale for going to this Con was "Even if the Con sucks we'll still be in Vegas so what the hell." My review can be summed up by saying "It's a good thing it was in Vegas."

Not a great con if it's comic books you're interested in. Lucky for me I also like getting sketches from artists and this con was great for that because there were no lines (for the most part). I could just walk up to artists at their tables and chat it up while they took their time drawing a much more detailed sketch then they would if there was a line. I'll be posting some sketches on my about me page in the next few days.

Of the 11 X-Men books I needed to complete my run I found three that were in the right condition at the right price. They were the only comics I bought all weekend.

Herley was there:

harleyyee.jpg

He was trying to sell VG - F books at NM prices so I looked at his stuff for about 8 seconds.

Metro was there:

metro.jpg

They had a lot of super cool very HG Gold and Silver books, but they didn't bring a lot of books.

Zen Comics was there:

zencomics.jpg

He had a large selection of mostly raw Silver and Bronze ranging from VG to NM. I bought the three X-Men from him (#9, 12 & 20). His grading seemed tight in the lower and higher ranges, but he was .5 to 1 off on the mid grades IMO. He was also very open to negotiation and I feel like I got a very fair deal on the books I bought.

Heritage was there:

heritagebooth.jpg

They had some original Frank Frazeta sketches for sale, but mostly they were just there pimping their auctions.

The Comic Book Legal Defense Fund was there and MH Chucks daughter was running things on Saturday when I went by. Rowan was here name I think.

cbldf.jpg

They had an auction that consisted mostly of "sketch duel" drawings from artists that were at the show.

DC was there, but no sign of Marvel:

dcbooth.jpg

The costume party rocked. Some of the costumes were totally unreal:

bigcostumes.jpg

This guy won $2,000:

sadam.jpg

sadam2.jpg

And some were just plain hot:

babe.jpg

babes.jpg

babe2.jpg

IMO this was the hottest girl in the room and she had the least amount of skin showing. She was the only person nominated in two categories and she took 1st and 3rd (worth $2,000):

catwoman.jpg

This woman looks so much like an ex of mine that I avoided her on Friday until I could confirm it wasn't her. Then I had to get a picture with her.

libertylass.jpg

My friend and I ended up taking these two back to our room for about 9 hours of mind blowing sex, then I woke up....

angels.jpg

We had a great time because we were in Vegas, but the con was only a distraction from having a really good time. I will probably go next year, but I won't get a three day pass for the con. Friday would have been enough.

Nice pictures. Some of those costumes were really hot. I agree, the Catwoman was very nice. thumbsup2.gif

Did you buy anything?

X-Men 9, 12 & 18. That was it. frown.gif

Hey, every bit counts, right? Now you can say that you only need 8 more. thumbsup2.gif

Right on brotha! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Overall I had a good time at the Vegas Con.

I picked up two real nice silver age Superboys (41 and 92) and say alot of nice books between Ron Hughes and Metropolis that I couldn't afford.

I went with a teenage friend, and we had a good time looking at comics, and playing video games.

It was a great one day experience, but certainly not a three day one; in fact I didn't go back Saturday or Sunday.

I think there attendance was killed by the California fires, which is too bad, cause Las Vegas at Halloween is really a good time and place for a comics convention. I hope it went well enough to try again next year.

2 pictures of Harley Yee's shop the same day, in different thread, the forum's member are going to think that we are paid by him 27_laughing.gif

Not a problem when you take my comments about his grading and pricing into consideration. wink.gif

You would have to pay me plenty to say something positive about Harley,.......whoops sorry, I forgot.......this is supposed to be a kinder, gentler forum,...

J.D.

I'll be happy to say something good about Harley.

He buys books and pays nicely for them.

I'll say something nice too - Harley is a great Ebay seller. The overpriced stuff he cannot sell conventionally goes on Ebay eventually, and sells at a more reasonable price. I just purchased 4-5 books from him on Ebay, and was very happy (except for his putting RARE BOOKS on the package, but that's another thread...)

- D.

great thread OG, but like i asked in the other "vegas con" thread....no forum dinner? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

There was no interest. I tried several times to get something going (on these boards), but none of the local guys wanted to set anything up (apparently). Plus Steve wasn't there because he had a bum leg or sprained ankle or something and he's the one that tends to set those up.