• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Umm. no, thank you...

46 posts in this topic

Just received this answer from egerber.com, about my request to quote the shipping cost to France for 600 Mylar sleeves:

"Shipping via UPS is 220.00 plus any duty and taxes"

:eek:

Just received this answer from egerber.com, about my request to quote the shipping cost to France for 600 Mylar sleeves:

Man...that must be be pretty personal service for that price...

Jim

UPS is a viable shipping option only within the USA. Once the shipping goes outside of the country it gets very expensive. UPS also uses their own brokerage firm for duty taxes/ clearing of customs and this is expensive to say the least.

I'm sure one of our American friends can recieve the mylars and reship for you...

I'd do it but I'm in Canada...it would probably cost even more! lol

N'oublie pas que je parle francais aussi...si tu veut dire les mechanteries :baiting::grin:

N'oublie pas que je parle francais aussi...si tu veut dire les mechanteries :baiting::grin:

Je ne suis pas vraiment sur que la premiere proposition dans cette phrase soit vraie puisque le mot "mechanteries" n'existe pas :baiting: ou alors qu'au Canada ... et donc ce n'est pas du Français non plus :makepoint:

Thanks !

Divad told me that egerber.com already take a lot of $ when they ship to USA, so unfortunately it'll probably don't save me money if a board member wanted to help me...

And i even didn't know that the word "mechanteries" could existed :baiting:

Je ne suis pas vraiment sur que la premiere proposition dans cette phrase soit vraie puisque le mot "mechanteries" n'existe pas :baiting: ou alors qu'au Canada ... et donc ce n'est pas du Français non plus :makepoint:

Comme dans n'importe quel societé, il y a toujours des mots et phrases locale. Connais-tu le poutine? :cloud9:

Je parle pas juste la langue, mais je travaille dans un milieu francophone ou 80% parle seulement le francais, ma blonde (copine) parle practiquement pas anglais et mon fils et moitié Quebecois francophone aussi...

On topic - someone help him out!

Now i understand why the price of the sleeves is multiplied by 5 when i buy them in Paris comics shops...

To jordanscott: No camembert for you :insane:

but...but i love camembert!!!!!

:cry:

You know I've always felt I would feel completely lost in French-speaking Canada since the language drift over the last few centuries has been so strong (and it should be no surprise) that it's really quite daunting. One day I'll come visit but my wife's idea of a trip does NOT involve traveling any further north than we already live ...

Now i understand why the price of the sleeves is multiplied by 5 when i buy them in Paris comics shops...

You know that I wouldn't want to receive any Camembert that has been sent through the regular mail but that's just me. In fact, considering where osborn lives, I'd rather he sends over a nice smelly Livarot rather than a mild Camembert. Livarot :cloud9:

You know I've always felt I would feel completely lost in French-speaking Canada since the language drift over the last few centuries has been so strong (and it should be no surprise) that it's really quite daunting. One day I'll come visit but my wife's idea of a trip does NOT involve traveling any further north than we already live ...

Actually, it's really not that bad at all...we've bastardized plenty of things up here but the language is still very recognizable. You'd be fine!

:eek: Yikes! I think you could probably fit 300 in a Flat Rate PM box, but for Int'l you need to stay under the 4 lb. limit - so it may take 3 boxes. That's about $35 a pop or $105. Shipping to the US is probably on the order of $17 - 25, so my estimate would be about $130, but that could be low - it's all about weight and oil.

:)

You know that I wouldn't want to receive any Camembert that has been sent through the regular mail but that's just me. In fact, considering where osborn lives, I'd rather he sends over a nice smelly Livarot rather than a mild Camembert. Livarot :cloud9:

What's the sign on your avatar say? "Will work for cheese" ???lol

Why, did the cat eat it?