• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay auctions with 10 days

8 posts in this topic

Please stop with the 10 days ebay auctions...they take forever to end and if you notice the bid price is always sitting there for days until the end,I always list an auction for 3 days and have excellent results,There's nothing like waiting 10 full days for something i have been looking for for months and come to find out it's a 10 day auction,i won't bid on it until the last few hours and no one really does,it doesn't get more bids and the price it ends at wil end about the same as it will in a 3 day auction,I have done it myself,plus it takes you longer to get paid! Anyone else annoyed with these 10 day auctions??? Kevin

This would be a LIFE. Please go find one. smirk.gif

I can't believe we have a posting on the LENGTH of eBay auctions. Good grief. Download some sniping software, tell it when to snipe and go about your business.

Patience, young shuley...that is part of the game. longer times = more eyes that see it = potentially more bids, whther or not they bid when they see it, set the autosnipe, or come back at the end of the auctions and manually win it.

these long auctions have some benefits; in this day and age when 10 of the same book can be found out there in the same grade and looking pretty much the same at that grade, Sometimes you get a bidding war on one book from a seller and the 2nd high bidder and other losers then move on to the next book. So you catch some overflow bidders. I know this may seem bad for the seller but what if he listed it for 3 days when these guys were not searching the boards. He'd be lucky to get any bids at all.

Just because you do fine (or I do fine too) with the 3 day auctions, doesn't mean it is inherently better than a 10 day auction. It can be annoying if you are the buyer and you want to win it right away for a cheaper price. But as a seller you should want it to be out there as long as possible.

I would toggle my support between 3 and 10-day depending on whther I'm the buyer or seller of item of interest.

I don't care how long the auctions are. If I've been looking for something for a long time then ten more days wont kill me. And on bigger ticket items it gives me more time to put together the cash.

10 day auctions are good in some cases. 3 day auctions are good for HOT HOT ITEMS...hell even a 1 day auction would probably be better. tongue.gif It all depends on what is being sold whiich will determine the auction length. laugh.gif

I don't really care how long an auction is. For the impatient there's always BINs. As a seller that 10 day period timed correctly gets me two full weekends of viewing.

I always think the one person who really wants the key issue I'm selling is on vaction for a week and happens to catch the end of the 10 day auction. wink.gif Not a common occurance by any means, but you never know.

I don't mind the 10 day auction, either. It allows plenty of time to decide the maximum amount I want to pay for the item, and program the appropriate snipe.