• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help Understanding The Modern DC Universe

5 posts in this topic

Can anyone who reads currect DC comics help me with something?

I read Infinite Crisis, 52, Countdown etc...

I currently read JLA, JSA, Green Lantern and Flash.

I am trying to figure out if we are back to multiple universes, why the JSA has not gone back to earth 2?

Different characters are continually showing up in each others books. Anyone know what is going on?

There are now 52 universes, I believe. They aren't the original Earth-1, -2, -X, etc.. I think the original DCU characters, no matter their original Earth, are all on one Earth now, with some exceptions. Could be wrong, haven't been paying much attention, the only DC book I read regularly is A.S.S. which is in it's own non-52 world, I think.

There are now 52 universes, I believe. They aren't the original Earth-1, -2, -X, etc.. I think the original DCU characters, no matter their original Earth, are all on one Earth now, with some exceptions. Could be wrong, haven't been paying much attention, the only DC book I read regularly is A.S.S. which is in it's own non-52 world, I think.

I think you're correct. (thumbs u

But I also suspect after Morrison's Final Crisis and Geoff Johns upcoming JSA arc (apparently Power Girl encounters the old Earth 2 Robin and Huntress), the DC Universe might look even more like the "pre-Crisis" version.