• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A CGC 9.8 Vampirella #3 selling for $4,750.00

19 posts in this topic

Talk about record prices... - Vampirella #3 (Warren, 1970). CGC NM/MT 9.8 WHITE PAGES is for sale on Heritage 's web site for $4,750.00 (by-it-now). Now that sounds like crazy-money to me.

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Inventory_No=800025874

They list 9.2 guide at $725, is that right? And that this is one of 2 copies that are at the top census....is there any parallel in the comic world for this as to price, rarity, multiple of guide?

It''s 6.5x nm- OSPG for a top census 9.8er.....how much more or less than comparable market is this?

C

That's right, 6.5 x the OSPG. I am no expert on the market, so i can't say if there are parallels to be drawn - but considering that there are probably books that haven't surfaced yet, it seems to me to be a high premium to pay.

I would rather own the one and only graded Dracula lives #1 CGC 9.8 magazine for that price! or a Tales of the Zombie #1 in CGC 9.8 or even a Vampire tales #1 in CGC 9.8 would be a better buy to me-----(smile)

It''s 6.5x nm- OSPG for a top census 9.8er.....how much more or less than comparable market is this?

C

Chris, prior to getting into original art, I used to actively collect Vampis for nearly a dozen years and in all that time I can honestly say I've seen a grand total of two true NM 9.4 copies. This is not an easy mag to find in top shape. I'm not sure why folks would questions the multiples of guide this book sold for, especially considering some more outlandish sales that occurred recently:

Luke Cage #1, Werewolf by Night #43, etc.

It is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. ;)

Hard to say how many 9.8's are out there in someone's closet just waiting to be graded, but I doubt there are very many. (If your reading this, and have one in that condition in your closet, send me a PM lol )

It is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. ;)

I hear ya.

I read on the GA board someone was willing to pay $600K for an Action #1 (with a 1.1M reserve on ebay) and the seller turned it down. I suppose It's all relative. Some just want, and can afford, the best money can buy. If that's your budget, does it really matter how much you overpay?

Unfortunately, RedRaven I could not avert my eyes quickly enough.... :sick:

Makmorn, I'll do you a solid and trade you for a book without all those nasty scribbles. ;)

Seriously though, that one is a keeper!

I have another pricing question, if Vampirella #8 9.8 is selling for $3,500 at Pedigree and $2,295 at Lewis Wayne is mine worth more or less since someone scribbled on it? (there are only 3 @ 9.8)

Vampi8SSsm.jpg

I guess it depends on whether or not you're into sig. books.

I for one don't collect them but if I did I would be more attracted to ones with nice signatures (such as yours) well placed on the cover as opposed to some bad scribble sigs. I've seen. The signee definately has the power to make or break a pretty book depending on the thoughtfulness of his sig. My 2c

I have another pricing question, if Vampirella #8 9.8 is selling for $3,500 at Pedigree and $2,295 at Lewis Wayne is mine worth more or less since someone scribbled on it? (there are only 3 @ 9.8)

Vampi8SSsm.jpg

I'm not to sure on the price, whether it's worth more or less.My guess is more. Either way that is a sweet looking book.Very nicely done.

Vampi8SSsm.jpg

I would say that it's worth more, just to fewer people.