• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats the market on Bronze Age X-Men?

11 posts in this topic

Quick question for the Bronze Age enthusiasts: What's the current market like on Bronze-Age X-Men from 94-on? eBay still records decent sales, at least on CGC 9.4-9.6 copies of the earliest new team issues, but there seems to be a very big drop-off when you move to raw books in 8.5-9.2.

I ask because I have an opportunity to acquire a high grade run of X-Men 94-on (with a Giant size # 1), for what I believe is a fair price. However, since my collecting focus at the moment is Fantastic Fours, they are really being purchased to be flipped. Anyone that collects these books, and has purchased and/or sold some in the last 2-3 years, care to share any insights?

Thanks!

According to Doug's market report the hot issues of X-Men right now are 50 - 66 and 94 - 121. He's either selling them or has knowledge they are selling for 120 - 135% over guide, but doesn't identify in what condition. I sold a bunch of duplicates I had to Doug for about 60% guide, so he really wanted them. And, last March I won a bunch on ebay for about 1/2 guide. Most were VF's that I bought for around Fine price. A few were at least a VF+ or better, and my winning bids were very close to guide.

Hope that helps.

I'd be curious as to what condition these are?

NM's?

VF's?

According to Doug's market report the hot issues of X-Men right now are 50 - 66 and 94 - 121. He's either selling them or has knowledge they are selling for 120 - 135% over guide, but doesn't identify in what condition. I sold a bunch of duplicates I had to Doug for about 60% guide, so he really wanted them. And, last March I won a bunch on ebay for about 1/2 guide. Most were VF's that I bought for around Fine price. A few were at least a VF+ or better, and my winning bids were very close to guide.

Hope that helps.

I'd be curious as to what condition these are?

NM's?

VF's?

if you're not going to share the market report, please don't tease us other unfortuante forum members that didn't receive the market report please. gossip.gifforeheadslap.gif

If they are high grade copies that can be had for cheap (e.g. worthwhile price), then snap them up and sell during the post Christmas rush. There are always fanboys that receive good old cash for gifts that will spend foolishly during the first few weeks after Christmas. wink.gif

Having just sold a run from 97-150 off mostly individually and raw, I would agree that they will move, but are also experiencing a market correction. These books will always be popular, but X-men is already in sequal and the books are already very strong in the guide, in terms of the copies that are out there. If you slab a few and get a 9.6 or two you may be into some cash but raw on ebay, well lets just say that you will not be retiring anytime soon. news.gif