• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I can't help but be suspicious....

5 posts in this topic

I can't seem to look away from this listing. Beyond the holder, this book looks impressive. The grading looks pretty tight (at least what I can see from the front cover scan). My concern is whether CGG has what it takes to do thorough restoration checks?

I have to make a few assumptions; the slouching yield has to be because people don't have the confidence in CGG.

Here are a few observations. If this book performs like a raw copy, then auctions like this will spell doom for CGG. After all, who would go through the trouble of third-party grading when the book is fetching raw prices?

What do you guys think? Is there any basis for my concerns, and would you risk it with a book like this?

nice fingerprint on the top right hand corner.....but still it's a nice book. laugh.gif maybe their reputation/grading/resto check will get better with time. 893crossfingers-thumb.gifthe true test would be to send them a book bought from daniel dupcak/comic-keys and submit it to see of they can tell it's been restored. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifacclaim.gifthumbsup2.gif