• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Cons in London?

29 posts in this topic

There is only one, and it's next installment is tomorrow, starting at noon. It's called The National Collectors Marketplace.

Location: The Royal National Hotel, Bedford Way / Woburn Place, London. Nearest tube: Russell Square (about two minutes walk). When you get there, just ask if you need directions, or follow the line of tour buses. You can't miss it.

Definitely worth a visit (although I am biased as I set up regularly there).

There is only one, and it's next installment is tomorrow, starting at noon. It's called The National Collectors Marketplace.

Location: The Royal National Hotel, Bedford Way / Woburn Place, London. Nearest tube: Russell Square (about two minutes walk). When you get there, just ask if you need directions, or follow the line of tour buses. You can't miss it.

Is this where Metro sets up? I know they do go to London.

Is this where Metro sets up? I know they do go to London.

Metro has never attended a London show, but they occasionally stay at a hotel near the National event and get people to go to them by appointment. I think they've done it twice.

Harley attends one show in England, on average twice a year, and has done for 15 years or more - the Royal National Hotel show that I mentioned. He did do Bristol and Manchester last year but these were one-offs.

thanks

wow i might actually be free tomorrow to go

do i need a ticket?

thanks

Nope. Free admission, and the event goes on until 4:30. There are three rooms, I'm on the right hand side one as you come in, in the far right corner. Pop over and say hello...

I'm on the right hand side one as you come in, in the far right corner. Pop over and say hello...

...if you're not too busy playing pocket-pool :whistle:

meh

When're you going to attend, Chrome?

yeah.. hm that would be nice... the bigger my kids get the more the chances are improving that I can convince the wife to let me go :tonofbricks:

But if and when it happens, we need to make an event out of it ! Not just the con, but the whole weekend (thumbs u

I'm on the right hand side one as you come in, in the far right corner. Pop over and say hello...

meh

yeah.. hm that would be nice... the bigger my kids get the more the chances are improving that I can convince the wife to let me go :tonofbricks:

But if and when it happens, we need to make an event out of it ! Not just the con, but the whole weekend (thumbs u

Damn right - there'll be a Forum dinner or two, at least. Might even ask Nick along...

meh

Damn right - there'll be a Forum dinner or two, at least. Might even ask Nick along...

Are you gonna drink more than a glass of wine this time Andy? :baiting:

I keep meaning to make it to Bristol but I've never made it yet.

Is it worth the journey? (shrug)

meh

Are you gonna drink more than a glass of wine this time Andy? :baiting:

I had more than that, you twonk. meh

And Bristol is definitely worth a look for the panels and special guests. A little less vintage comic dealers than London, though...

:gossip: I've stayed at that Hotel... :o

You visit any other brothels in London? :baiting:

You visit any other brothels in London? :baiting:

We were looking for cheap digs, as my wife was still in Law School at the time. A great central location, next to a tube station and kiddy corner to the British Museum. I can't comment on the prostitute bit...