• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's this email I got from eBay telling me it's a 5 cent listing special...

5 posts in this topic

UK for 5¢ - reach millions more buyers

July 1-4 only

*For eligibility choose Int'l Site Visibility listing upgrade

*Reach millions more UK shoppers looking for deals

*No more double listing. Available in most categories

I "can get" UK buyers to see my auctions....???

Don't they already or are they blocked now?

I thought eBay was worldwide.

I've had buyers from the UK, France, Belguim, Canada, all over bid and win on my stuff without having to pay extra.

???????????????????????????????

:screwy:

No, not strange at all - the way the local ebay websites work is that local listings automatically have preference over international ones.

If you're a UK seller and list items on ebay.co.uk, your items will be shown in the top area of the site - as normal.

If you're a US seller and list items where you specify that you'll ship globally, they will also automatically show up on ebay.co.uk - but they won't be in the top area with the local listings, they'll be in a separate area below called "X items found from eBay international sellers".

If your item is in a popular category that "items found from eBay international sellers" list is going to be pretty far down the page - and if there's a lot of US sellers who will ship globally & who have listed items in the same category, your items might now even be shown until the user actually clicks the "X items found from eBay international sellers"-link.

The "UK for 5¢" special that eBay is running means that your listing will be placed in the same area as the local listings - which, again, for items in popular categories means a huge increase in visibility on the local sites.

Have no clue if it's worth it - but that's what it means.