• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Pep 22's at this last convention?

32 posts in this topic

I was looking for early Actions and they were far and few between. After Metro there really was nothing else under issue #20 except for the #18 I picked up and maybe a #4 or #5 in low grade with resto somewhere.

R.

dave had that #4 that he has in his ebay store, the 3.0 unrestored (even though when I looked at it, I pointed out to him the staples had been replaced)...

outside of that, no under issue 10 actions to speak of (and I as looking)

I was looking for early Actions and they were far and few between. After Metro there really was nothing else under issue #20 except for the #18 I picked up and maybe a #4 or #5 in low grade with resto somewhere.

R.

dave had that #4 that he has in his ebay store, the 3.0 unrestored (even though when I looked at it, I pointed out to him the staples had been replaced)...

thanks guys, I forgot about the 800 lb gorilla, they usually have a few, I'm always looking for issues under #25 (which is a new thing for me) and any issues from #40-#50.

seems like there's always issues after #50 (except war covers) and a few issues in the #30's range.

great 18 you picked up Roy.

:) I know a few people looking for one.

:hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi:

here is the contact page from my website, which has at the bottom a great Pep 22 scan that I found on the internet ( after much searching, might I add )

http://www.goldenagegems.com/contact_info_id4.html

The book is #1 on my wantlist right now, so fellow Boardies, when one invariably and eventually comes on the market, prepare to be bid up quite a bit :devil:

I remember about 8 or 9 years ago or so, when there were two vg+'s on Clink for about 2500.00 each and I didn't pull the trigger. I used to kick myself about that but somehow it doesn't bother me so much anymore. Just think how much cooler it would have been if Archie's first appearance had Pep 36's cover?

:) I know a few people looking for one.

:hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi:

here is the contact page from my website, which has at the bottom a great Pep 22 scan that I found on the internet ( after much searching, might I add )

http://www.goldenagegems.com/contact_info_id4.html

The book is #1 on my wantlist right now, so fellow Boardies, when one invariably and eventually comes on the market, prepare to be bid up quite a bit :devil:

I remember about 8 or 9 years ago or so, when there were two vg+'s on Clink for about 2500.00 each and I didn't pull the trigger. I used to kick myself about that but somehow it doesn't bother me so much anymore. Just think how much cooler it would have been if Archie's first appearance had Pep 36's cover?

quite honestly, for the "cover" I like 23 way more than 22....

R.

thanks guys, I forgot about the 800 lb gorilla, they usually have a few, I'm always looking for issues under #25 (which is a new thing for me) and any issues from #40-#50.

seems like there's always issues after #50 (except war covers) and a few issues in the #30's range.

metro have a #3 on their site now - low grade with married cover etc...

R.

metro have a #3 on their site now - low grade with married cover etc...

I saw that, plus they also have a #17 with moderate resto, what I'd really like is a nice 4.0 or higher #19 to go along side my #20.

btw, did you see the 3.0 ® Action #2 on Clink ? I wouldn't think it will last much longer.

Dude, when I decide to part with my #18 I can let you know. I paid large for it though. It's a lower grade book with extrememly high grade eye appeal.

R.

Dude, when I decide to part with my #18 I can let you know. I paid large for it though. It's a lower grade book with extrememly high grade eye appeal.

R.

yes, I saw it, very nice,. :grin:

Wonderful! I wonder what we were all looking at. It's holding the attention of five of us, whatever it was...

Now I'm off to Louisiana with my precious haul from Chicago. Any books that survive ten days in the humidity there will be shown off when I get home! :acclaim:

What are you doing down here in my neck of the woods?

What are you doing down here in my neck of the woods?

My wife's grandmother is turning 85, so it's a good excuse for a family get-together. Then I'm going to the Ozarks with my father-in-law for a few days. The city of Monroe was hot yesterday, but the humidity everyone warned me about was nowhere to be found. Perhaps it's just overhyped, like the scarcity of Jughead's Folly.

And though I still need a lot of Archies, I think I've already spent July's comics budget, and quite possibly August's as well - so hopefully Beerbohm will still have something nice after that.

Oh, reason why Louisiana is great: $2.50 movies before 6pm at the local mall. We're going to see Wall-E, Hancock and at that price, probably some others! Back in Denver it's $10 per ticket! Like the days when modern comics were $1.25, I'm a lot less discerning when stuff is really cheap.