• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help - information needed from the experts.

6 posts in this topic

I have to preface this by saying I know nothing about the art market, I just know what I like.

That being said, I'd love to find a Grell Warlord page, preferably from before issue 15 (Vince Colletta inks, nothing more to be said). A couple of questions:

1) Are all of those pages locked up in collections somewhere?

2) If not, will they cost me an arm AND a leg?

3) Are any of the covers out there?

Thanks, and sorry for the total newbie-ish questions. Anybody have any questions on mid-grade Silver Age comic sales, I'm your guy.

comicartfans doesn't have anything for "sale" I usually look at members galleries and if I see a page I like, I email through the system and ask if for sale. If not ask them to keep you in mind. I have bought a bunch of art this way including two kitson covers.

It's all about asking. As for pricing, maybe check heritage archives as I know nothing of Grell's pricing. You could maybe email Scott from Catskill and ask if he knows the ranges for vintage grell.

Early Warlord pages are not an arm and a leg. They can range from $400 - $1000, based on all those assorted factors. There are two fellows I know that eat that stuff up, so the auction pricing is usually based on how they bid.

Early Warlord pages are not an arm and a leg. They can range from $400 - $1000, based on all those assorted factors. There are two fellows I know that eat that stuff up, so the auction pricing is usually based on how they bid.

I knew I should have stayed out of this forum. OMG

Warlord splash page for sale!!

My comic collecting days are doomed. Only thing keeping me from wanting it more is its not Grell.. My wallet is thankful.