• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SS QUALIFIED

28 posts in this topic

I have thought about it a lot. I think it would be kind of sweet. Then you could get books that have already been signed signed by another creator and still get SS. I do not believe that it will ever happen because of the likelihood of confusion between the certified sigs and the non certified sigs.

CGC grades Qualified books as SS (centerfolds detached/printing errors/manufactor error) already, just with a note on the label. I dont think its nessesary to have a different label.

I have thought about it a lot. I think it would be kind of sweet. Then you could get books that have already been signed signed by another creator and still get SS. I do not believe that it will ever happen because of the likelihood of confusion between the certified sigs and the non certified sigs.

I agree. "SIGNED BY NEAL ADAMS ON 11/18/06 and name on cover" would look kind of hokey but there are many Qualified books that don't have any signatures on them.

CGC grades Qualified books as SS (centerfolds detached/printing errors/manufactor error) already, just with a note on the label. I dont think its nessesary to have a different label.

A Qualified book is not an SS book. There is no signature verification. Just the verification that a name is written on the cover. I was thinking more along the lines of having a signature added to a Qualifed book that did not already have a signature.

A couple of the typical Green labels:

Married Covers or Pages

Major flaw that is not indicative of the overall look of the book (Coupon cut etc.)

Both of these would be tough to put enough info on there to "warn" the buyer about the qualifier and still have enough room to do the SS info.

True, but look at the SS Restored labels. You can cram a lot in there if you have to. I know this is a program that will probably never be created but who knows.

Charlie,

Just to show that karma has a funny way of working, let me pass on a tale filled with wonder and woe. I just got my grades back from my Economy subs from New York. One of them was a batman 181 (1st Poison Ivy). Very glossy and pretty, but some serious spine tics and a little roll. 6.5 or so with great eye appeal, I'm thinking.

Well, Bats 181 apparently has a pinup centerfold that was missing from my copy. If there were a green/yellow label I may have gotten a 6.5 or so green/yellow label. Instead, I get a sweet 0.5 yellow for my trouble. The funniest thing of all is that there are now 2 SS 181s in 0.5. :roflmao:

Modern books with unwitnessed cover signatures are automatically Qualified (i.e. this book looks like a 9.0 but it has writing on the cover), and the adding of Witnessed signatures isn't supposerd to overtrump the Qualified designation.

However, the submitter may request that the original writing on cover be considered a Universal book with a defect (i,.e. this is a book with writing on the cover), which will downgrade the book in order to get it to be considered SS.

You would think, but it's not that complicated. Very little rhymes with "Kev", so a friend made up the word "Mev", and I was shackled with Kev the Mev - eventually I began to like it and use it.

I wish I could say he was being creative and was referring to a MeV = 1 million electron volts, a unit used to describe the energies of high-energy X-rays and low-energy gamma-rays, but I doubt it. I'm just not that electrifying.

Sometimes I refer to it as Kev Theme V for Victory (or Vendetta), but that's a stretch.

Modern books with unwitnessed cover signatures are automatically Qualified (i.e. this book looks like a 9.0 but it has writing on the cover), and the adding of Witnessed signatures isn't supposerd to overtrump the Qualified designation.

However, the submitter may request that the original writing on cover be considered a Universal book with a defect (i,.e. this is a book with writing on the cover), which will downgrade the book in order to get it to be considered SS.

I'm hearing back that the second scenario (downgrade first sig as writing on the cover in order to qualify for SS status) is becoming more of the norm as people don't want Green label books.

You would think, but it's not that complicated. Very little rhymes with "Kev", so a friend made up the word "Mev", and I was shackled with Kev the Mev - eventually I began to like it and use it.

I wish I could say he was being creative and was referring to a MeV = 1 million electron volts, a unit used to describe the energies of high-energy X-rays and low-energy gamma-rays, but I doubt it. I'm just not that electrifying.

Sometimes I refer to it as Kev Theme V for Victory (or Vendetta), but that's a stretch.

Geek :baiting: