• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OA article in today's Dallas paper !!

15 posts in this topic

Thanks for posting! This is the same article that appeared in the New York Times (copy syndicated to other papers). It's cool to see the pickup by the Dallas paper. An unusually well done article about the collectibles market.

The best article on OA is still Glen Gold's Playboy article from the Dec 2004 issue.

--Steve

It's the same article, but one big difference is that this reprint shows the OA for GS X-MEN #1. I don't believe it's ever been shown publicly before.

Interesting, Felix, I didn't know that! So does that belong to Dave Mandel? The photo credit is cut off.

It's the same article, but one big difference is that this reprint shows the OA for GS X-MEN #1. I don't believe it's ever been shown publicly before.

Interesting, Felix, I didn't know that! So does that belong to Dave Mandel? The photo credit is cut off.

do you need it ? ...It was difficult to fit in scanner ..........

It quotes "New York Times" at bottom , ..That's all !..............

Right under the picture of the X-Men art it says "Courtesy of D M" and is cut off. What's it say, D Mandel?

--Steve

Right under the picture of the X-Men art it says "Courtesy of D M" and is cut off. What's it say, D Mandel?

--Steve

Yes , D. Mandel , Marvel .........

I don't think it's a secret anymore, lol! Yes, that is David's cover. And if you look closely, the photo credit is for "D.M-" before it gets cut off.

I don't think it's a secret anymore, lol! Yes, that is David's cover. And if you look closely, the photo credit is for "D.M-" before it gets cut off.

That's what I was assuming, just didn't want to do so without being sure.

Oh, and Glen's article on OA was in the Dec 2004 issue of Playboy (Denise Richards cover) not 2006 as I had said earlier. I'll go back and edit that.

Steve

--Steve

I think the answer is here, in this paragraph.

The article makes no mention if he has any PREACHER pages or HELLBLAZER covers, so I don't see what all the fuss is about :baiting:

61395-07-05-2008015106PM.jpg.5c07f2d9208f36e5d4c97298857cf0b7.jpg

In the online new york times version of the article its didn't show the OA for GS X-Men #1 but the one printed in the NY Times paper did have a pic of it. Its the same article.

--Steve

The article makes no mention if he has any PREACHER pages or HELLBLAZER covers, so I don't see what all the fuss is about :baiting:

doh! Me am good reader!

--Steve

It not like Hellblazer and Preacher are good Comics.

Crappy art and stories written by a hack