• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men #1 OA (the Jim Lee kind) sells...

25 posts in this topic

Yes, but looks like he also sells high-end art. He just moved one of his McFarlane Spidey covers, presumably to help fund the X-Men 1 purchase. There are only a few people in this hobby who continue to buy super high-end art without having to sell other pieces in their collection. Those are the only guys who truly are "always on the lookout for high-end art."

It's been fun watching Ken's collection develop over the last year or so!

Yes, but looks like he also sells high-end art. He just moved one of his McFarlane Spidey covers, presumably to help fund the X-Men 1 purchase. There are only a few people in this hobby who continue to buy super high-end art without having to sell other pieces in their collection. Those are the only guys who truly are "always on the lookout for high-end art."

Yup, he has great taste! And, I know he's ecstatic about the McFarlane cover. I know he had to part with some killer pieces as well to make the deal work. That's the nature of the business these days, with prices the way they are.

Is Ken coming to SDCC? I can't remember. I know you said you're out.

Yup, he has great taste! And, I know he's ecstatic about the McFarlane cover. I know he had to part with some killer pieces as well to make the deal work. That's the nature of the business these days, with prices the way they are.

Don't know if Ken's coming to SDCC -- I don't really know him that well, though we should DEFINITELY have an NY OA gathering at some point this year!

I'm out this year for SDCC but as it grows closer, I'm definitely wishing I was going. I think I know as many collectors out there as I do here and I only get to see them during SDCC -- otherwise I'm just e-mailing with them or talking to them on the phone.

The only reason I'm glad I'm not going is that I won't have to see the prices being asked for OA. I'm sure that I would see stuff I wanted but would be dumbfounded by the prices. I got wind of a few pieces that will be showing up there that I'd love to see in person, but the askings were much higher than I would be comfortable paying. Que sera, sera...

Ken will not be there.

Ken will not be there.

Too bad. We should have a little NY get-together sometime over the Summer, perhaps in August.