• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flea Market Day one report

13 posts in this topic

Only hard a couple of hours by the time we arrived. Here's a list of my grab for today.

Detective Comics. ( all bought for $10)

302,352,466,467,468,468(n/m),473,473(n/m),475,478,492,505,519,521,524

Adventure Comics($6)

Superman ($2)

Green Lantern ($14)

28, 57

Thats it for now.

Sorry all no Hulk 181! makepoint.gifforeheadslap.gif

hey richnerd...do a search for my post about a yard sale find & you'll understand the INSANE can of worms that opened up grin.gif

Yo shiverbones, I did the search..Send JC my way because I don't feel bad at all for talking the flea market guy down. If he didn't want to sell he didn't have to. Besides he had an Overstreet on the table right next to him. And just think I have 2 more days of ripping people off errrr.....letting the people know they need to charge me more!. thumbsup2.gif

Last flea market I went to I bought the following for $1 each (all NM):

Captain America 208, 209, 217, 218

Thor 261, 263, 267, 268, 269

Weird War Tales 70, 71

On other recent forays I've picked up Batman #292 (NM-) for $2, Star Wars #1 (at least NM) for $20 and Amazing Spider-Man #180 (might be NM+) for $12.

Most were purchased from booths where a recent Overstreet was visibly present. So what? Doesn't mean they know how to use it or aren't willing to talk.

The Star Wars #1, for example, was marked at $20 for reasons unknown. The 31st Overstreet was right there, and even though it's a tad out of date, it says $35 pretty clearly. Did they even use it to price the book? Was it a prop?

The Caps were marked $4 each and the booth owner said ok to $4 for all. I didn't hold a gun to his head.

I pass by flea market finds at least as often as I find deals.