• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why does CGC use the double-wide outer cases?

5 posts in this topic

Has anybody figured out the pattern for why CGC sometimes uses double-wide holders for thicker issues like annuals and giant-sizes, but other times they don't? I've got 15 Annuals/Giant-Sizes in slabs, and of those, 8 are in the double-wide containers and 7 aren't. In one example I have two of the same issue; one is in the double-wide and the other isn't. Their use of the double-wide seems almost random.

My only complaint with the functional use of CGC's slab in general is its width; I'd really love it if they could make them thinner. I kinda hate getting the double-wide slabs, because it means that I can fit less cases in my boxes/safes/safety deposit boxes.

Be glad cgc is using the double wide case. Less chance of damage to the inside comic. Have had slabs returned to me w/ the entire acrylic top shattered or 3 out of 4 corners VISIBLY cracked, but inner comic OK. Box was returned to me via Fed Ex too.

Yeah, but these cases have a higher tendency to have hairline cracks on the sides than the thinner cases. Just noticed it on my recent bunch of books received! mad.gif

BTW, with respect to the original question, I don't know why my Captain America 143 was put in the bigger case whereas both of my copies of Daredevil 81 were put in the regular size cases as they are all the same size. confused.gif