• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is responsible for determining what words need to be censored on the Boards?

53 posts in this topic

The censorship on this site is simply ridiculous. Can someone explain to me why "i d i o t s" has to be censored?

I don't understand the need for any censorship and the policies here seem at the minimum to be overzealous to me.

The censorship on this site is simply ridiculous. Can someone explain to me why "i d i o t s" has to be censored?

I don't understand the need for any censorship and the policies here seem at the minimum to be overzealous to me.

What does it matter? Find a worthy cause to fight for. The right to say poo-poo and fartknocker on a message board is right at the bottom of my civil rights agenda.

What does it matter? Find a worthy cause to fight for. The right to say poo-poo and fartknocker on a message board is right at the bottom of my civil rights agenda.

I'm not in too much of a hurry to defend my right to write the word "diggleberry" or even "I've gotta go clip some diggleberries, inna hurry".

Or maybe this is all a slippery slope. Where does it :censored: ing end?

:signfunny:

I'm not in too much of a hurry to defend my right to write the word "diggleberry" or even "I've gotta go clip some diggleberries, inna hurry".

Or maybe this is all a slippery slope. Where does it :censored: ing end?

Not on a comic collectors message board run by a company looking to keep a clean image. As my high school history teacher used to say...your freedom ends where my nose begins. CGC messageboard....CGC rules.

I'm just saying there are other venues in which to shine the light of freedom upon the dark and nasty beasties of repression and thought control. Light the flame of justice and watch them scurry like cockroaches.

Sorry.....every message board I ever have visited has had this discussion.

They are spooned because this is a corporate owned family friendly message board. You basturds.
Sort of agree...but I suspect it goes in many different directions.

A lot of the words like insufficiently_thoughtful_person are spooned because CGC (and their partners) do not wish to be called that word. You and I can call each other insufficiently_thoughtful_persons and no one really gets bothered by it because we are such good natured fellows. :whistle:

But an organization does not want to be called a collective insufficiently_thoughtful_person. In this sense an organization can become more sensitive than an individual.

To me this explains why some words are spooned that wouldn't ordinarily embarrass my saintly grandmother.

I think it's too much to spoon out the word insufficiently_thoughtful_person and actually causes more harm than good.

For example, if I simply need to tell someone that they are an insufficiently_thoughtful_person but the software prevents me from doing that, I'm more than likely to get frustrated and end up saying something far worse. This then is interpreted by the receiver as being more serious than intended by the sender and it could then get ugly.

I have just spent the morning coming to the defense of the word insufficiently_thoughtful_person. doh!

They are spooned because this is a corporate owned family friendly message board. You basturds.
Sort of agree...but I suspect it goes in many different directions.

A lot of the words like insufficiently_thoughtful_person are spooned because CGC (and their partners) do not wish to be called that word. You and I can call each other insufficiently_thoughtful_persons and no one really gets bothered by it because we are such good natured fellows. :whistle:

But an organization does not want to be called a collective insufficiently_thoughtful_person. In this sense an organization can become more sensitive than an individual.

To me this explains why some words are spooned that wouldn't ordinarily embarrass my saintly grandmother.

I think it's too much to spoon out the word insufficiently_thoughtful_person and actually causes more harm than good.

For example, if I simply need to tell someone that they are an insufficiently_thoughtful_person but the software prevents me from doing that, I'm more than likely to get frustrated and end up saying something far worse. This then is interpreted by the receiver as being more serious than intended by the sender and it could then get ugly.

I have just spent the morning coming to the defense of the word insufficiently_thoughtful_person. doh!

It is a great word, though.

Where's George Carlin when you need him? (shrug)