• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread closed

46 posts in this topic

Andy... two things.

Hopper rocks, and you are blessed to live near the Art Institute of Chicago, where you can go see 'The Nighthawks' any time you please. Not to mention the ridonculous Seurat, and the Monet haystacks.

Second... you don't need no stinkin' scans. I'd happily buy war books off you all day long if you had em up for sale, sans scans.

Shep

Not to mention American Gothic is in Chicago also. Talk about surprised when my wife and I came on that gallery in the museum. We didn't know it was there. Breathtaking like when I saw my first Van Gogh in person. Does this qualify as fully derailed now?

I will never forget seeing my first Van Gogh (The Poplars at St. Remy) in person. I had never seen ANYTHING like it. The colors, the texture, the style....it blew every other peice of art I had ever seen out of the building. In my mind, there is Van Gogh, then there is everyone else. He was that good.

Did he work for DC or Marvel?

Got any of his work for half price - with or without scans?

Andy... two things.

Hopper rocks, and you are blessed to live near the Art Institute of Chicago, where you can go see 'The Nighthawks' any time you please. Not to mention the ridonculous Seurat, and the Monet haystacks.

Second... you don't need no stinkin' scans. I'd happily buy war books off you all day long if you had em up for sale, sans scans.

Shep

Not to mention American Gothic is in Chicago also. Talk about surprised when my wife and I came on that gallery in the museum. We didn't know it was there. Breathtaking like when I saw my first Van Gogh in person. Does this qualify as fully derailed now?

I will never forget seeing my first Van Gogh (The Poplars at St. Remy) in person. I had never seen ANYTHING like it. The colors, the texture, the style....it blew every other peice of art I had ever seen out of the building. In my mind, there is Van Gogh, then there is everyone else. He was that good.

$45 shipped takes it.

van_gogh_church.jpg

Andy... two things.

Shep

Not sure he is my favorite but I wil never forget the Van Gogh exhibit at the High Museum in Atlanta. Stunning collection of his works including Sunflowers and Olive Trees and Starry NIght, if my memory serves right (I didn't check the exhibit book we picked up).

Andy... two things.

Shep

$45 shipped takes it.

van_gogh_church.jpg

Looks like a Miller rip-off to me.

Sometimes craap is all we po' folks have to sell...., :sorry:

:hi: Me too.

I am one of those fools that scans $2 books. It is a waste 95% of the time... but if all you have is a bunch of readers to sell, the images would hopefully spark some interest.

My recent sales thread sucked big time. I thought I had some decent bronze stuff for less than the price of moderns... but zero interest. :(

Andy I am 100% with you and you can run it any way you want but I also understand everyone's point of view...Some times taking snap shot of groups of books will help and take less time than scans. Just a thought.

R>