• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What modern books do you want me to submit for you?

63 posts in this topic

I am putting together a CGC 9.8 submission with a pre-screen for 9.8 and another with a pre-screen for 9.6. Are there any books that you are looking for that you would like me to submit for you?

Post what you want here or PM me and I will let you know whether I have it in your grade and what the price is. I will use GPA for pricing with a minimum of $35 or an agreed price if there is no GPA history. You will pay nothing up front but you must commit to buying the book when it comes back if it meets your grade.

Here is what you have to choose from:

Daredevil 367-380

Daredevil (2nd series) 1-9

Daredevil Man Without Fear miniseries 1-5

Elektra 1-19

New Mutants 1-100

Spider-Man 1-98

Peter Parker Spider-Man 1-50

Spectacular Spider-Man 22-267

Spectacular Spider-Man (vol. 2) 1-25

Web of Spider-Man 1-129

Sensational Spider-Man 0-33

X-Men 1-175

X-Force 1-128

New Mutants 1-100

X-Factor 1-108

Excalibur

Cable

Valiant (all titles)

Image (most titles and early issues)

Marvel Comics Presents 1-175

Wolverine 1-189

Wouldnt mind Daredevil #5 variant 9.6 or better. hm when is this going down do you think?

I'll be able to check on this one on Monday. I'll probably keep the thread open all week and mail them off then.

Innovative idea Steve,

BUT being the overtrusting guy you are I don't want to see you potentially burned either.

Don't you think accepting a small upfront "good faith" deposit at least for the "screening fees" is a good idea especially for those with a decent amount of desired books? Further, after the screening (assuming success) and before slabbing you will incur a decent amount of fees upfront that anyone involved would likely be happy to pay for just for your doing them the favor alone.

Just food for thought... I know most here are beyond screwing you over, but then again it's worth considering all the same.

(shrug)

Innovative idea Steve,

BUT being the overtrusting guy you are I don't want to see you potentially burned either.

Don't you think accepting a small upfront "good faith" deposit at least for the "screening fees" is a good idea especially for those with a decent amount of desired books? Further, after the screening (assuming success) and before slabbing you will incur a decent amount of fees upfront that anyone involved would likely be happy to pay for just for your doing them the favor alone.

Just food for thought... I know most here are beyond screwing you over, but then again it's worth considering all the same.

(shrug)

All good ideas, Godfather. I will trust my ability to pre-screen for 9.6 or 9.8 and hopefully nobody commits and leaves me hanging. If that happens, then I will make changes for the next time. I figured those who don't know me would feel safe if they didn't have to front any money. And I could meet some new Boardies and help them fill some holes in their runs.

Nobody has ever done anything like this and I think (hope) it will be fun.

Got any Sandman 9.8's, steve?

I do. I pre-screened them last week and have about a dozen - I don't remember the exact issues but I think they were in the 40s, 50s and 60s plus the Special.

Great idea Steve, great idea :hail:

Thanks, Arex. I'm hoping to have some fun, help a few Boardies out and make a few bucks too.

Are the Knightfall Batman/Detective books in the range you are looking for? I have a nice original owner run of those.