• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,116 posts in this topic

And finally.... (whew, heres the spam part :insane: ) this project has lead me down an interesting path. My story takes place in my state.... in a city near me. Portland Oregon.....to be precise. Micro brew capital of the world !! And alot of the scenes I have drawn are real places and locations in P'town. That is my target audience..... one city. If anybody else likes my story I'll be thrilled, but I think it will mostly appeal to locals.

This project is expected to be 12 issues long ( I'm working on # 3 now) .... I also have a website, if anyone is interested in checking it out. You can read issue #1 there for FREE. :hi:

Perhaps some of you would like to check it out ....

spikemulligan.com

Well, thanks for listening....

Its an excersize in amatuer graphic story telling..... the wave of the future !!

So a little backstory. Last year I bought one of those fancy pants Wacom tablets with the built in LCD screens. The picture below was my first and only attempt with it. I'll go back to it but just haven't managed to find the time between work, hobbies, and remodeling a basement. I'm a strictly black and white pencil on paper sort of guy so this was far out of my comfort zone.

2m0FmLF.jpg

And finally.... (whew, heres the spam part :insane: ) this project has lead me down an interesting path. My story takes place in my state.... in a city near me. Portland Oregon.....to be precise. Micro brew capital of the world !! And alot of the scenes I have drawn are real places and locations in P'town. That is my target audience..... one city. If anybody else likes my story I'll be thrilled, but I think it will mostly appeal to locals.

This project is expected to be 12 issues long ( I'm working on # 3 now) .... I also have a website, if anyone is interested in checking it out. You can read issue #1 there for FREE. :hi:

spikemulligan.com

Its an excersize in amatuer graphic story telling..... the wave of the future !!

(worship)

I used to draw alot when I was younger. Most of these are from about 20yrs ago. Sorry for the bad lighting.

Why don't you draw anymore? You are very good,you should consider starting back up.I would hate to see such talent go to waste. :foryou:

I used to draw alot when I was younger. Most of these are from about 20yrs ago. Sorry for the bad lighting.

Why don't you draw anymore? You are very good,you should consider starting back up.I would hate to see such talent go to waste. :foryou:

Thank you :) I have actually been thinking about starting again, just need something to inspire me. Those usually take me weeks except those Disney ones took maybe half a day.

Hey, those are good. But 20 years is a long time. I hope you can get back into it . Art comes from the heart.

Thnx, I still draw a little bit here and there. Last month I doodled Spiderman shooting a web on my mortgage payment, my g/f saw it and said "Did you just draw that in the time I went to the kitchen?" lol I don't think I have ever even shown her my drawings.

I've always wanted to learn to draw. Don't have to become great, but would love to be good enough to show off some art.

I wonder, if I started now, and perhaps took a course or two, how long it would take for me to get any good hm

A little different, but here's some perspective. . .

My father has shown zero interest or ability in art as long as I have known him. When he retired a few years back, I advised him to take up a hobby that he could do during afternoons, since his primary hobbies (fishing and hunting) usually had seasons and took place in the mornings. He took up painting (a little different skills than drawing, but it is art nonetheless).

He has been taking the classes for a few years, but he made large improvements very quickly. He actually painted me a series of coral reefs, and I will be happy and honored to hang them in my house when their framing has finished.

Thank you :) I have actually been thinking about starting again, just need something to inspire me. Those usually take me weeks except those Disney ones took maybe half a day.

I see you're in Central Texas. I don't know exactly where you are, but there are some great shops (Jerry's Art-A-Rama) in Austin and Houston that have affordable supplies if you're ever in those areas.

spikemulligan.com

That's a lot of work. Kudos to you for putting the time and effort into it!

I see you're in Central Texas. I don't know exactly where you are, but there are some great shops (Jerry's Art-A-Rama) in Austin and Houston that have affordable supplies if you're ever in those areas.

Thnx if I get serious into it then I will know where to go. Never heard of these shops. I just use pencil and plain paper when I draw. Never had a lesson but when I was a kid my older sister took art lessons and sometimes I would watch her.

spikemulligan.com

That's a lot of work. Kudos to you for putting the time and effort into it!

Thanks. Its really fun to do a project only because "you want to" as opposed to cuz you have to :)

Here are a few recent items...

There is a contest going on here in the modern section for recreating covers. This first one was a joke really because I asked what someone wanted to see, the 1st responce was MLP / WD variant, so...

my_dead_little_pony.jpg

My entry that is in the top 5 right now...

bedlam_2-phantom-02-24-2013.jpg

Then i started a new sketchbook this past week and here are a couple of the first entries in it...

625515_10200089844701337_816752812_n.jpg

And finally this one. Which Riley even commented on and liked on Facebook...

bedlam_1-3rd_eye-2.jpg

Edited by Sarfa