• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,116 posts in this topic

I took art lessons at the Toledo Museum of Art when I was in first, second and third grade. That was followed by a year at the Toledo Artists Guild and then a year with a private instructor , Lynn Bloom Draper. Mix in junior high and high school....

Always loved to draw as a kid in the 1970's but I will freely admit there weren't as many distractions back then like DVDs, computer games, endless channels devoted to kids programming, movie rentals, etc. lol All I'd do s try and recreate pictures from comics plus my own ideas.

I was in Canton at the time. (thumbs u

Crazy small world. I'm from the Canton area.

Just a twinkle in my mother's eye in the '70's though.

Went to Kent State University.

I took art lessons at the Toledo Museum of Art when I was in first, second and third grade. That was followed by a year at the Toledo Artists Guild and then a year with a private instructor , Lynn Bloom Draper. Mix in junior high and high school....

Always loved to draw as a kid in the 1970's but I will freely admit there weren't as many distractions back then like DVDs, computer games, endless channels devoted to kids programming, movie rentals, etc. lol All I'd do s try and recreate pictures from comics plus my own ideas.

We lived in a townhouse on Fulton and could see the HOF across the valley from our porch.

My Great Uncle (who raised my mom) owned a grocery store about half a block from Republic Steel.

I used to doodle in the back of math class in high school. :shy:

We lived in a townhouse on Fulton and could see the HOF across the valley from our porch.

My Great Uncle (who raised my mom) owned a grocery store about half a block from Republic Steel.

Wow. I live in Minerva, but work in Canton making saw blades. My grandfather retired from Republic Storage. I have a great uncle who lives by Republic Steel. I get shots at Aultman Pain Management on Fulton a block away from the HOF.

Wow. I live in Minerva, but work in Canton making saw blades. My grandfather retired from Republic Storage. I have a great uncle who lives by Republic Steel. I get shots at Aultman Pain Management on Fulton a block away from the HOF.

Very small World!

6 Degrees of Separation with this group!

Not my personal artwork, but something my daughter did for my birthday.

Reproducksion of a Barks oil painting (Acrylic on board). The flash washed it out a bit because the colours are strong in real life.

fliegende_hollander.jpg

Now to find a nice frame...

Reproducksion of a Barks oil painting (Acrylic on board). The flash washed it out a bit because the colours are strong in real life.

fliegende_hollander.jpg

Really nice and well done. Be proud of that one!

fliegende_hollander.jpg

Really nice and well done. Be proud of that one!

Your daughter is very talented. (worship)

I get shots at Aultman Pain Management on Fulton a block away from the HOF.

I could have sworn this said you got shot on Fulton a block away from the HOF. I was gonna say, parts of Canton are bad... but... whoa...

Just down the street from the townhouse there use to be a root beer stand at the park. My first root beer float came from there.

It's still there! Although I prefer heading a little farther south on Fulton to Taggarts for Bitners. :cloud9:

From an art standpoint, Canton has really become a good place to work and exhibit. The Arts District downtown, ArtsinStark and First Fridays have made it into a pretty exciting place, given the circumstances.

Too bad Bane is not from this area, I could have given him lots of suggestions!

fliegende_hollander.jpg

Lovely work!

Your daughter is very talented!

I get shots at Aultman Pain Management on Fulton a block away from the HOF.

I could have sworn this said you got shot on Fulton a block away from the HOF. I was gonna say, parts of Canton are bad... but... whoa...

lol A bit down the road in the "Newton Zone" maybe. My aunt lived off Newton Ave and always talked about hearing gunshots and drive bys.

Has anyone here taken art classes?

I've been thinking about attending one to improve my drawing.

For those who have attended one, what type of course was it? Did it help you improve?

So far I have not had much luck as the local college art courses appear to include alot of things I really don't wish to know, i.e. history, fabrics, clay etc.

I took a drawing class in college, and I went from barely being able to draw a stick figure to creating pretty respectable drawings. (It's been several years, so I'd be pretty rusty now having not kept up with it.) I think a lot depends on the teacher - I was fortunate enough to get a great teacher as my professor. He taught us patience, for one thing. Early on, we'd spend hours and hours on just one drawing. That professor thought very highly of a book called "Drawing on the Left Side of the Brain" if you have any inclination to teach yourself.

Responding to that post inspired me to look up my old Professor (Paul Robbert of Western Michigan University), and I found out that he died in 2008 at age 80.

:(

fliegende_hollander.jpg

She might work for Disney someday !

Responding to that post inspired me to look up my old Professor (Paul Robbert of Western Michigan University), and I found out that he died in 2008 at age 80.

Funny as I did the same last night. I googled "Line Bloom Draper" who I took lessons from circa 1977. She was relatively well known in Toledo. I found out she had passed away in 2004 at age 86.