• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,116 posts in this topic

Hehehe.. Yes. Sorry. I was doing a "joker quote" pun... to your pun. I thought we were being funny. I guess I was wrong. My missus often tells me I'm wrong about how funny I am when I think I'm being funny.

:sorry:

hahaha.... now you got me laughin. :insane:

So, this isn't an original idea. But I'm proud of the end result all the same.

This is another painting done on the iPad with the Procreate app and I have to give Nomad Brushes a mention. Amazing little things for iPad painting. No screen drag like rubber tipped stylus... which is honestly just as important as having a lag-free app, like Procreate, to paint with.

Bigger resolution: http://i.imgur.com/KPMO0nT.jpg

Thread Friendly Resolution:

GWItrCU.jpg

So, this isn't an original idea. But I'm proud of the end result all the same.

This is another painting done on the iPad with the Procreate app and I have to give Nomad Brushes a mention. Amazing little things for iPad painting. No screen drag like rubber tipped stylus... which is honestly just as important as having a lag-free app, like Procreate, to paint with.

Bigger resolution: http://i.imgur.com/KPMO0nT.jpg

Thread Friendly Resolution:

GWItrCU.jpg

Really super.

Link for the Nomad brushes?

Really super.

Link for the Nomad brushes?

Thanks very much mate - I really appreciate it.

This is the brush I use:

http://www.nomadbrush.com/products/nomad-compose-long-tip

It has a long and a short tip.. I find myself using the shorter tip for drawing and the longer tip for games like Autumn Dynasty but, that said, I still use the long tip painting... just not as much now as I did initially.

Plus this model comes with a carrying case, which I would strongly recommend to protect the brush tips.

Finally - this is the app I'm using: http://www.procreate.si/

It has the least screen lag out of any I've tried so far and is very intuitive to drive. I find I drive with two hands - left hand constantly changing brush size and opacity levels, while right hand works the brush to paint and change brush styles and configuration.

This isn't exactly my own personal artwork, but I thought I would post it here anyway.

As I mentioned over in the Gold forums, as a big fan of the GA hero Crimebuster, I've been thinking for awhile of commissioning artists to create new Boy Comics covers. One of our own boardies, Erik Mullins aka TeamZoth, happened to be having a half price sale on commissions this week, so I decided to start my collection of new Boy Comics covers and commissioned him to do one.

The idea I had was to do an homage of one of my favorite covers, Boy Comics #16:

SAM_0630.jpg

I wanted it to be a little more dramatic in terms of composition, though, and really highlight the three main figures of CB, the woman and the armored attacker. So I drew up a thumbnail of what I had in mind:

SAM_0633.jpg

Erik works entirely digitally, something I certainly never got the hang of myself, no doubt in part because when I studied art way back in college we didn't have anything close to today's technology. But in just a day, he finished this piece for me:

Boy120.jpg

I then decided to put my very limited skills to use and try and add in a background. Since he did his work digitally, he nicely provided me with all the original files, so I was able to work with his layers. This was a big help to me. After a lot of work on my part, certainly more than it would have taken anyone with actual skills, I ended up with this:

Boy120-1.jpg

It's not perfect, of course. I asked Erik to have the light source be from below for more dramatic lighting, which he did with some subtle shading that is made clearer in his version by the gradients behind the characters. In mine, though, I couldn't quite figure out how to do that. Plus I added a giant moon, which obviously would be throwing down light from a totally different angle. Like I said, my skills are limited.

Still, I'm very happy with Erik's work and sort of happy with my own additions. I think I've reached the limit of my abilities, though, so when it comes to coloring this piece and getting the shadows and shading right in the background - as well as the night sky - I will probably need to get someone much more talented than me to finish it off. Since this is a night scene, obviously the background should be darker and ominous and gloomy, none of which it currently is with that blinding white sky. But I think it's a good start for the background anyway. And it was fun to collaborate on art again, something I haven't done since my college days, especially since Erik actually did all the real work. ;)

Not 100% my art, I only assisted with colouring on this issue (and overall layout, editing, ripping apart of -script and pacing etc...). Here is a taste of it (didn't want to post the entire massive cover)

slide1.jpg

First issue preview is online at my site here: http://darkbladestudios.com

I'll be talking with my co-creator about giving away a low-res digital copy of the comic to all you awesome board members, but figured in the mean time I might as well post it.

Couple of shots yesterday from a shoot I did.

Log into Flickr to see the NSFW ones and let me know if you figure out what the inspiration for the shoot was from the rock shots.

8667916508_c0832d12d0_z.jpg

Group Shoot 4 by DWShoots, on Flickr

8666814585_59a8997922_z.jpg

Group Shoot 5 by DWShoots, on Flickr

Dirty.

Filthy... disgusting...

Your photography is pretty nice though! :)

Here is something I finished and something I am just starting...

WD19 recreation after Tony Moore >

6loRhQwm.jpg

11x17 recreation of Alien Worlds #4 by Dave Stevens Just the pencils right now. Awaiting a new brush to ink with. Gonna try it out on this one

dYgvHFYm.jpg

Here is something I finished and something I am just starting...

WD19 recreation after Tony Moore >

6loRhQwm.jpg

11x17 recreation of Alien Worlds #4 by Dave Stevens Just the pencils right now. Awaiting a new brush to ink with. Gonna try it out on this one

dYgvHFYm.jpg

Very cool mang :applause: