• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SOmething strange is afoot on ebay

22 posts in this topic

Well, these things (shilling) seem hard to prove to me but as most understand there is some totality of circumstances that says "avoid", and I assume a certain threshold was reached for you as well. Interestingly this seller emailed shortly after my forum post and stated he did not shill and something to the effect that paypal was a waste of time and money (fees too high), that's why he doesn't accept it as payment. So obviously he or a friend reads these boards. I'm not willing to pass judgement on the guy as he has enough + feedback to think one can deal with him (although I know plenty of bad dealers with great feedback). I do however absolutely disagree with his argument against paypal (paypal is just smart business to me) and I see no reason to EVER have a private auction- this just screams SUSPECT to me. IMO these behaviors foster distrust meaning either: 1) you the seller are dishonest; or 2) if you can't see this as the seller you deserve to lose business. Offer outside ebay+ private auctions + no paypal = I'd be an insufficiently_thoughtful_person to buy. If anyone else cares to defend private auctions or see paypal as bad business I'd like to hear their arguments. Yes paypal has its bad features but overall it makes you more money. Also I'd like opinions on the real value of Marvel unopened 3 and 4 book bags- do many exist- how' the supply vs. demand. I like them as an unopened product- cracking them out to submit doesn't add up to me.