• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Russ Nicholson? Fighting Fantasy? Any knowledge?

2 posts in this topic

I thought maybe some of you art buffs could help me out.

I got it into my head that it would be beyond cool to locate some original artwork from the old Fighting Fantasy gamebooks that I adored in my youth.

In particular, I bet an original piece from the first book - The Warlock of Firetop Mountain - illustrated by Russ Nicholson, would be amazing. If such artwork ever appears on the market, I wouldn't be surprised to find it was way out of my league, but I just don't know as I can't find any!

In case anyone isn't familiar with the books, here's a few pics I found surfing the net:

warlockbw106.jpg

warlockbw04.jpg

mite.gif

84c57162.JPG

:cloud9:

I thought maybe some of you art buffs could help me out.

I got it into my head that it would be beyond cool to locate some original artwork from the old Fighting Fantasy gamebooks that I adored in my youth.

In particular, I bet an original piece from the first book - The Warlock of Firetop Mountain - illustrated by Russ Nicholson, would be amazing. If such artwork ever appears on the market, I wouldn't be surprised to find it was way out of my league, but I just don't know as I can't find any!

In case anyone isn't familiar with the books, here's a few pics I found surfing the net:

warlockbw106.jpg

warlockbw04.jpg

mite.gif

84c57162.JPG

:cloud9:

I loved those books. That would be really cool to own a piece or two. Nice idea. hm