• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How far into the '80's will the Bronze Age creep?

108 posts in this topic

To me, there's never been any need for an age after Bronze. Post-1981, they are all Moderns as far as I am concerned: predominantly sold to the Direct Market, hence either hoarded by collectors in high grade or surviving in high grade as unsold, unreturnable retailer inventory. :sumo:

To me, there's never been any need for an age after Bronze. Post-1981, they are all Moderns as far as I am concerned: predominantly sold to the Direct Market, hence either hoarded by collectors in high grade or surviving in high grade as unsold, unreturnable retailer inventory. :sumo:

I agree.

Copper just sounds dumb.

Post Bronze books are Moderns with comics 18 months or less being Currents.

In Literature, Modern goes from a little before turn of the century up to and approaching about 1949. My point being that the Modern era in comics can go for 50 years too and perhaps give way to a post modern era **which may be defined by the dominance of trades, the dominance of digital, the end of the pamphlet, etc, rather than style content **this demarcation being analagous to the Direct Market defining Moderns start as opposed to its start finding attribution in Frank Miller and Alan Moores radically different story telling styles vs the Bronze work of Roy Thomas et al.

I agree.

Copper just sounds dumb.

Post Bronze books are Moderns with comics 18 months or less being Currents.

In Literature, Modern goes from a little before turn of the century up to and approaching about 1949. My point being that the Modern era in comics can go for 50 years too and perhaps give way to a post modern era **which may be defined by the dominance of trades, the dominance of digital, the end of the pamphlet, etc, rather than style content **this demarcation being analagous to the Direct Market defining Moderns start as opposed to its start finding attribution in Frank Miller and Alan Moores radically different story telling styles vs the Bronze work of Roy Thomas et al.

To that I say, "pooh."

I'm gonna retire this thread after reading JC's superb thread (inspired by this one of course):

The Bronze Age: Overstreet Makes No Sense.

Tupenny's most successful thread ever is now CLOSED.