• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DESERT WIND COMICS ANNOUNCES A SIGNING WITH MARK MILLAR AND TONY HARRIS.

14 posts in this topic

Mark Millar and Tony Harris will be making a special appearance in Las Vegas, NV. on Thursday, August 21st. Desert Wind Comics has made arrangements for time to get books signed. You can get your books signed by both Mark and Tony and then graded and authenticated by Certified Guaranty Company (CGC) with the prestigious Signature Series label.

We have a limited number of spots open for this signing. You can contact us by e-mail at desertwindcomics@hotmail.com with a list of books you would like to submit by NO LATER than Friday, August 8th. A response will be sent to you by Sunday, August 10th confirming your order. The books MUST be in our office by no later than Monday, August 18th. (Please include in your details whether your books have already been graded and encapsulated by CGC.) Because of the number of books that will be signed, unfortunately we cannot accommodate any special signing request such as ink color or position of signature.

Contact Desert Wind Comics for pricing.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS MONDAY, AUGUST 18th

Chandler Rice

Desert Wind Comics

HOLY SMOKES!! What an AWESOME 2 days. I have been fortunate enough to have been given the chance to hang out with both Mark and Tony for the last 2 days while they were in both Phoenix, Arizona and Las Vegas, Nevada. Pictures have been taken and locked away for safe keeping and possible blackmail material. lol (just kiddin guys) Stories will be written. So stay tuned for the WAR HEROES TOUR RECAP FROM PHOENIX AND LAS VEGAS. Please anyone from any of the other locations, please chime in and let us know how your signings went.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Wow, a 4 am post! It must've been a wild night in Vegas, Chandler! Good job, I can't wait to hear about it... :) I'm finally off to bed, gotta get ready to drive to LA tomorrow for the Golden Apple signing. I will chime in on Saturday.

Joel

The Dallas signing went very well. Mark and Tony were in good spirits. The went to the firing range that morning and shot off a few rounds. Then Mark went in search of a hostess fruit pie. I will not tell the reason for that one. They then showed up to the signing around 3 pm. They signed for everyone. Mark did several radio interviews while at the signing. Tony was doing small sketches. I got maybe 50 or 60 books signed in total.

Kris

The Phoenix signing went great for me. I gave Mark Millar my idea for a Superpower for the War Heroes comic, he may use it. I got about 10 books signed. Had to go through the line twice because they had a 5 comic limit. My books included a couple Kick Azz, Wanted and Wolverine. I even cracked open a couple Kick Azz that were Romita SS. Thanks to Brett and Chandler for helping me get things done.

The Los Angeles signing went pretty good as well. Tons of people showed up, and a gallery next door had a super-long line of people that ended up wandering in the store for free beer and snacks. Mark and Tony had a nice late lunch w/the auction winner and started the signing around 6 pm as advertised. Both guys were doing sketches, and Mark's were pretty good actually. The line moved at varying speeds, but they stayed to sign everyone's books. (also with a 5 per person limit, which Mark enforced more than Tony) They stayed late to have a few drinks, do several interviews throughout the evening, and chat it up with the gallery guests, as well as the store owners and other LA notables who came to the shop to say hi to Mark and Tony. I got a small stack of stuff signed, and helped witness some other books getting signed. Golden Apple ran the event very well, hats off to them!

Joel