• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Double Action Comics

187 posts in this topic

Have any of you ever seen the black and white ashcan of Double Action Number 1 ????

If so, does anyone have a xerox of it ?????

And is it true there are only seven known copies of Double Action 2, or are there more somewhere out there ??????

There is an article in CBM 71 regarding DC Ashcans. I am attaching a part of the it where you can see that Double Action 2 only has 2 known copies plus two covers and that Double Action 1 has not been seen. Maybe more have been discovered since this article in 09/1999.

307731-CBMash.jpg.5c318fb9592ab12e8f6cc7851ba5ab2c.jpg

Not true.

Metropolis alone have had two different copies of Double Action, one high grade and one low grade. If Christine Farrell has one and there's one up for sale for a ridiculous price slabbed at 9.2, that's already four different copies. Bob Overstreet says he knows of seven, unless that's ANOTHER deliberate mistake. He also specifically says there are two ashcan copies of number one with a colour comic but a black and white cover.

There is an article in CBM 71 regarding DC Ashcans. I am attaching a part of the it where you can see that Double Action 2 only has 2 known copies plus two covers and that Double Action 1 has not been seen. Maybe more have been discovered since this article in 09/1999.

Public Service Announcement! (OK, self-serving announcement!:))

I've got a copy of CBM #71 to unload. $6 postage paid to most US addresses if anyone wants it.

I'd like it but I'm in the UK.

If you've got anyone here in the US that's going to ship you some comics, and they'd agree to receive this for you and pack it along with those comics... I'll gladly mail it to any US address you specify. Lemme know. It's not going anywhere soon anyway unless someone else chimes in for it on this thread.

Also have about 4-5 other CBM issues from around the same timeframe for $4 per add'l copy.

#62, 65, 68, and 72. #71 is the only DC cover. Others are IM & Subby, Planet of the Apes, pre-Code crime, and Fighting American.

I really really REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY and I mean REALLY do want at least a xerox of it.

No I'm not looking for all the ashcans. I just want some kind of photocopy of Double Action 1 because the other issue was called a number 2, therefore I need SOMETHING to fill in the gap for a number 1. As it never officially existed, a xerox of the cover and pages would be wonderful. I assume DC still own the only copy then ??? Surely over the years, SOMEONE obtained a photocopy ?????

You might want to check with Gary Colabuono (sp?) - there was an article about him in one of the Comic Book Marketplaces that detailed all of the ashcans. There might have been a Double Action 1 in there, but I'm not sure.