• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone have info on these two RE Howard books?

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I just picked up a couple of pulp-like books from a local store this weekend that I have not seen before.

The first one is titled "The Grey God Passes" and features some wicked artwork by Walter Simonson. It is a 1st edition that was published by Charles Miller in Pennsylvania, and it was copyrighted by a Glenn Lord.

307738-Grey%20God%20Passes.jpg

589a8b634db01_307738-GreyGodPasses.jpg.9de4f56622dc90a7dd1dff45aed9b868.jpg

The second book is titled "Two Against Tyre" and features illustrations by Stephen Fabian. It was printed in 1975 by Modern Graphics (Memphis) and copyrighted by Glenn Lord. However, this is #461 of 600 limited edition deluxe copies of the book.

307752-Two%20Against%20Tyre.jpg

Any information you have on these books would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Kimik

589a8b6354077_307752-TwoAgainstTyre.jpg.cd5a92fb7a01778bb525412dd08da0b5.jpg

Hey Odin,

Actually, those are the Grant HCs that you are referring to. These are smaller, softcover pulp-like books that reprint non-Conan RE Howard stories. The best that the dealer I picked them up from could figure is that the owner of the copyright, Glenn Lord, was a fanboy who had the stories published in a limited run. The Wrightson artwork is outstanding in the Grey God book - I was goind to scan a couple of the pages but since the books look unread I did not want to crack the spine fully open. cloud9.gif