• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More, more, more...

17 posts in this topic

but at 30 * $25 = $750 plus let's say $60 for FEd ex shipping to Canada and insurance = $810 CGC cost plus cost of books and time plus let's say conservative $100 listing fees and Final value fees = $1,000

so profit is $359,92????

Hard to say what the profit margin is. The only differences with your calculations would be:

- Slabs are $23 * 30 = $690

- And a couple were private sales not on Ebay.

- I have no idea what the listing fees were.

So maybe roughly $400. I'm not out to gouge anyone, I was just trying to make a point that I am being profitable.

Wasn't knocking ya at all...I also come up with similar figures on my sales some months and I 893scratchchin-thumb.gif whther it is worth it... the time you wait to get thos sigs and sketches for $400 is the question to ponder. I know some guys just love the time they spend with the talent and shooting the breeze.

Wasn't knocking ya at all...I also come up with similar figures on my sales some months and I 893scratchchin-thumb.gif whther it is worth it... the time you wait to get thos sigs and sketches for $400 is the question to ponder. I know some guys just love the time they spend with the talent and shooting the breeze.

Well, for me it is. As I do not have a business. This is more for me getting enough money to cover purchasing SS books that I want to keep for myself. It works. thumbsup2.gif

Just added some new auctions including:

3 Warren Vampirella magazines (no reserve):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2204088811&category=3971&rd=1

And a Signature Series Spectacular Spider-man #1 Expo Holofoil edition with a full head sketch by Humberto Ramos on the back. One of a kind, and no reserve:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2204081483&category=17082&rd=1

Thanks folk! grin.gifgrin.gif

An overall 40% gross profit margin is what you should be shooting for.Think of it this way, the time spent getting those sigs, listing on eBAy, and shipping was the equivalent of research time for an investment that pays 40%. If you had a $1000 you were going to invest and were going to make 40%, wouldn't the time be worth it. I have literally spent hundreds of hours researching investments this year and I will be very happy if I hit 25%. Now if Alex can increase his total sales by a factor of 10, then we are talking serious numbers.

Tom