• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toronto Comicon - big success!

118 posts in this topic

Alex - I only have 11 for now...dave is sending the rest and I'll resize and post tonight..so I don't have the Vinnie pic. I recognize some folks like kevthemev, Peter Dixon (and wife?), Tim Koops and that's about it.. Dave didn't send me captions and I didn't want to take liberties with them ...although pictures are worth a thousand words... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Off topic - I'm wondering if Palmiotti and Connor posted any new pics to their website...but usually there is more risquee content on that...

Darth, thanks so much for hosting these pics. The rest will be coming your way! In that batch we'll have two shots of the forumites and the rest of the party shots.

Here's the captions:

1 - Kevthemev ("Kevin") in the hotel

2 - ParadiseComics ("Peter") and Irene Dixon at the con

3 - Kevin and Peter at the con

4 - Koop from Koopscomics - he had an amazing show as the canadians were starved for US dealers

5 - Bob the Angry Flower - this was the coolest example of the independents that I saw. The guy was pretty cool and heh, you gotta give a man credit for walking around like that!

6 - Comicmanager ("Doug") manning the Paradise Booth - from what I hear Paradise also had a killer show

7 - Darrick Robertson working on my sketch book (Darrick was very cool and lives in Brooklyn so I was able to talk to him a bit about that)

8 - Terry Moore (Strangers in Paradise) and Peter

9 - Charity Auction highlight - the Batman 608 RRP donated straight from DC comics

10 - Charity Auction MC and volunteer with the Predator that Kevin won (I like predator but didn't want to chance taking that thing through customs! tongue.gif)

11 - Charity Auction volunteer with a signed print - the charity auction had TONS of stuff in a whole bunch of different genres from raw comics to graded comics to tpbs to busts to original art (quite a few original art pieces donated by the artists)

more to come later!

DAM

589a8b638e4aa_310015-ForumDinnertake2.jpg.bda09248936d0bae5d5ab097a4974652.jpg

309425-DARWYN1.jpg

Alex that is one helluva sketch! thumbsup2.gif Is it by Darwyn Cooke?

Yup. It is a pencil and ink on hard cardboard (not sure how to describe it). But it is 12 by 18.

You can always tell a Cooke CW by the cat eyes in the goggles. wink.gif

Not bad! If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay?

Not at all. I paid $80 Canadian so about $60 or so US for the page. If that was too much I plead ignorance being very new to original art. And besides, it was for charity smirk.gif And if that was a steal I also plead innocence for the first reason above confused-smiley-013.gif My philosophy is like many of you here on these boards: buy what you like and makes you happy, I don't usually go wrong with that strategy. I was just happy that Ampersand was in some of the panels (Yorick's pet monkey) The only problem now being, I would like to buy some more - anyone know where I can get my hands on some more Y: The Last Man OA?

Drew