• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Ebay/Paypal Chargeback Question

4 posts in this topic

So I got an email from paypal stating that an comic auction from a month ago was being challenged by the buyer and a chargeback claim filed. Luckily, I only ship with USPS and delivery confirmation, and the book is showing as delivered to the correct city and zip code. Positive feedback was left by both parties.

How long can a buyer file a chargeback on an auction? I had to dig through the trash to find the DC#; luckily it was in the trash and not the landfill. Am I in the clear and get to keep my $19.00??

Depends on reasoning for the dispute. Sounds like another case of buyers remorse. Your return policy may also be brought into play (limited time period is the way to go). He may bring up the item was not as described, odd though since he left positive feedback ?

You also have 45 days to file a dispute. After that, the option is no longer available.

If you have a Premier or Business Acct, call a rep, as a general

rule if you have your ducks in order you should be OK. Sucks even

at small change.

So I got an email from paypal stating that an comic auction from a month ago was being challenged by the buyer and a chargeback claim filed. Luckily, I only ship with USPS and delivery confirmation, and the book is showing as delivered to the correct city and zip code. Positive feedback was left by both parties.

How long can a buyer file a chargeback on an auction? I had to dig through the trash to find the DC#; luckily it was in the trash and not the landfill. Am I in the clear and get to keep my $19.00??

The buyer has 45 days to report a problem to the resolution center. It's not a claim at this point either.

The seller on the other hand, has up to 60 days to file a refund, but I'm fairly certain that changes once a problem has been reported as one on the primary resolution options is to issue a refund once the item is returned. BTW, you will be refunded your PayPal fees for this particular transaction as well.