• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting FF find indeed.

15 posts in this topic

I recently made a purchase made up of several coverless books. Here is the pic:

JeffsFF1C.jpg

Notice anything completely freaking awesome about the third comic from the left on the bottom row?

:o

Did the seller know?

That's great. Was it under misc. lots? I spent a few weeks going over all the listings this summer and found that it was hard to find anything hidden and good. The closest was a lot of war comics with about 12 of the 17 pictured, all 1960s. One of the 5 unpictured turned out to be Our Fighting Forces #2 and I was very happy until I opened it to count pages and check the centerfold and discovered that a big part of page one had been torn out.

I did have something cool happen today that was about 1/15 as cool as your FF 1 discovery. I bought a batch of 10-cent DCs from a gentleman yesterday and included a stack of really raggedy comics, all with split covers, detached covers, or coverless. The one Marvel in the whole deal was what I thought was a coverless TOS 58. Turned out that the front cover was neatly folded around to the back. It's actually a VG copy. Quite a surprise.