• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Storage Question

7 posts in this topic

Yeah, I have three filing cabinets in my comic book room - I think they're awesome (just as long as you don't have to move them). I use posterboard on both the bottom of the drawers, and also for the middle dividers - just like in the link you posted.

You can easily fit about 200 books (all in Regular sized Mylites2 w/ full- or half-backs) into one half of a drawer - so about 1600 books pr. filing cabinet.

So do you have those lateral file cabinets or the vertical ones? I was thinking of getting the 2 drawer one that is toward the bottom of the pics showing 4 rows of books. ( lateral ) Im just looking at my boxes, I have about 2 long boxes and 2 short boxes. Just want to make sure they fit, hopefully into one cabinet. :wishluck:

Anyone know the dimension of a silver age backing board by chance? Standard Mylite 2 bag? (shrug)

I have the 4-drawer vertical ones - the Hon S380 mentioned in the article (just in black instead of grey). 2 longs & 2 shorts should fit in one of those without any problems.

A SA Half-back is 7 1/2" wide, the SA Mylite2 is 7 3/4" wide.

Those are great, I would say to at least use a full back board. Over time a half back board will begin to bend a little. I know the small collection I just purchased was stored this way. The person has a think 9 of these with 4 drawers each and they are for sale also. $200 each was the asking price. They are located here in NC.

Those are great, I would say to at least use a full back board. Over time a half back board will begin to bend a little. I know the small collection I just purchased was stored this way. The person has a think 9 of these with 4 drawers each and they are for sale also. $200 each was the asking price. They are located here in NC.

You're not talking about the Gerber Half-backs, are you? Because I've had books in Mylites2 w/ half-backs for 10+ years now, and I've never seen nor heard of them sagging/bending if they were stored upright ...