• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poll on Number of Pages of Items, Best Practices

Number of Pages  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Number of Pages

24 posts in this topic

I notice some very good quality seller on these boards have page after page of items for sale. My personal preference is to list a couple pages of items let it sort of drift off the boards and then start another selling thread. But it could be that folks like having all the items in the one thread. Without further bias, take the poll as to what you think are best practices for number of pages of items (and "I'll take it" posts and non derailment comments)

I'm still trying to figure out the best method...

A lot of it depends on how organized the thread is. I recall seeing someone with a lengthy thread who kept giving updates on what was left, and included the page number where each items could be viewed, and that was excellent, so I did it that way the last time I sold. I think I can get away with a lot more pages that way without turning buyers off.

Unless you're selling high end items, I prefer threads with a lot to choose from, because I want to get combined shipping. Many times I'm interested in a $5 book, but I'm not going to buy it and pay $5 to have it shipped.

I like to have a lot of pages... and this could be completely wrong but...

when I see a lot of pages, it means there's generally some good stuff going on in that post with lots of people watching, even if it's only comments.

Generally, I like to have the *buzz* going... with lots of pages and lots of views. This could be totally off... just my perception and preference. Plus, I personally pay a lot more attention when I know a seller is listing a bunch of items... more choice = more chance I will buy something.

when I see a lot of pages, it means there's generally some good stuff going on in that post with lots of people watching, even if it's only comments.

Generally, I like to have the *buzz* going... with lots of pages and lots of views. This could be totally off... just my perception and preference. Plus, I personally pay a lot more attention when I know a seller is listing a bunch of items... more choice = more chance I will buy something.

*ditto* I am a man of few words.

What he said;)

I noticed we don't have a poll as to the number of threads, but I'd really rather have them combined in one or 2, because when there are many threads, I stop looking, I find it gets too confusing, I'd prefer the pages be in one or 2. I also hate to take up lots of front page real estate.

I like having more pages, with the updates with the page the image is on..even if I'm selling drek, I want everyone to know where it is.

I'd actually like to have a very long thread where every time I post something, the next post is a "i'll take it" sign...then on and so fourth.

I usually just look at the threads by lowest post count then I know something new. If there is to many pages I don't bother with the thread since to lazy to look through so many pages to find out what is new and whats leftover and such. The people that have the infinite threads I don't even bother with.